Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Back to Reality...

Hello!

On Sunday, Jack and I drove Hels back to the airport in Newark, NJ to head back across the pond.  We had an amazing week and we miss her already!  Here's a recap of the rest of our week...

On Wednesday, we went SHOPPING!  We went to Michaels first, and wandered through every aisle ooooh-ing and aaaaah-ing - mostly in the jewelry section..... Then we headed off to lunch at the Rams Head Tavern...


And, finally.... we paid a visit to "Queen Patti" at The Queen's Ink..... 


Thursday was a "stay home and play" day.... we did some ATC's and some tags for our monthly swap... here's some pix of the ones I made....




And here's a few tags I made for our May swap:

On Friday we went to Havre de Grace, MD to an awesome antiques mall which sits right on the Chesapeake Bay - there was lots of oooooh-ing and aaaaah-ing!!!

And then, to wrap up our week together, on Saturday we had a good old fashioned American Cookout (BBQ).  Hamburgers, hotdogs, potato salad, fruit salad, and spinach salad..... and my sister's famous almond pound cake for dessert - YUM!  


Wish our time could have lasted longer - there is already a "hole" in our house... I wasn't brave enough to go into the studio until yesterday, because I knew it would feel less than complete without Hels there with me.... but.... I will always be so happy that we were able to spend this week together, and look forward to the next time we can see each other.

Thanks for stopping by...

~ ellen xx

8 comments:

Helen said...

We haven't heard from Hels yet on her return, hope that doesn't mean she's still fighting through cusoms with all those cheesy cheetos. !!
Love your atc's and tags, very scrummy!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Ellen, you girls know how to party! I'm so glad you and Hels had such a wonderful time together. Your sisterhood is a beautiful thing to behold, and I'm beyond lucky to have been able to spend some time (not nearly enough!) with the two of you.

Hels Sheridan said...

awwwww... I have been sleeping.. like forever lol... had THE most AWESOME time... thank you to you and Jack for making me feel so welcome and so at home... oh and of course ... for all the Cheeto's!!! Love ya x

Candy C said...

Hey Ellen. Sounds like you and Hels had such a spectactular time! I'm so glad for the both of you. I know how much both of you were looking forward to your reunion. Your tags and ATC cards are awesome! I love them! <3 Candy

Gillian said...

Hi Ellen, I had a lump in my throat just reading this post, I bet you are missing her loads,glad the two of you were able to spend time together whilst Hels was in the U.S ... you have a beautiful friendship to cherish. x

Lori said...

Fabulous art, Ellen! I'm so glad you and Hels were able to spend time together!

Kirsten Alicia said...

Gorgeous tags, I love the butterflies. So happy for you & Hels that you had such a wonderful time.

Minxy said...

Sorry hun, but your loss is our gain! Still i'm glad you got to spend a fun filled week together, and no doubt it won't be long before one of you is traveling again to see the other! x