Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Hels 'n' Els - Together Again!

Hello!

It has been a whirlwind two days but I wanted to take a few moments and share....

On Sunday I drove from Baltimore up to Tinton Falls, New Jersey to pick up Hels from Ranger U!  Got there in plenty of time and made my way to Ranger so I'd be there right at the end - perfect timing - found the classroom - found Hels! - saw TIM!  saw MARIO!  And got to meet.... LINDA LEDBETTER!  OMG I think Linda is just about the cutest person I've ever met... she is SO sweet... and SO lovely... and it was SO cool to meet her!  If you can believe it, she is even nicer than the comments she leaves, and that is saying something because her comments are amazing!  I sense a trip to Boise, Idaho somewhere in my future.... I'm just sayin' ....

Hels was up at the front talking to Tim so I went over so I could just bask in the presence of TIM... and Hels is saying... "Ellen you should go check out the warehouse, it's just out the back of the classroom and who knows when you'll have another chance!"  So I'm like.... OK..... (????).... so I go back there and run into Candy Colwell and we started chatting (she's hysterical!!!)... eventually made our way back to the front of the classroom.... and Tim hands me this....


O....M......G..... Hels asked Tim if he had any demo tags left from the class but they were all gone... so when I went up to the front....he was actually MAKING this for ME.... Candy was recruited to distract me and get me the heck out of there!  This will hang in my studio forEVER...  the fact that he would take the time to do that for someone that wasn't even at Ranger U.... and yet I was SORT OF at Ranger U!  So cool....

Then a huge group of us went out to dinner at Applebee's.  Here's a few pix... first.... me & Hels.... (HAPPY PLACE!)


And.... Hels, Linda L. and me...


Had an awesome evening hanging with about 1/2 the Ranger U girls... talking, sharing stories, LOTS of laughing... and yes... there were a few cocktails involved.... such an honor to be a part of it.

Back to hotel, talked, talked, talked and talked some more.... finally went to sleep about 2:00 am.... got up.... had coffee... Hels packed up and I took her to an AMERICAN McDonalds for breakfast (her choice!) and hit the road back to Baltimore....

Got home around lunch time... turned onto my street and I could see she was looking for my house... I didn't have to say a word.... eventually she figured it out... here was her hint.... it HAD to be done!


Once we got over that excitement... we walked into the house.... here was her greeting... in the living room windows....


And in case there is any doubt.... YES... they are "curtains" made out of CHEESY CHESTER CHEETOS!!!  And this is just ONE window... there's a second one just the same!!!

Thanks to hubby Jack for the idea AND the execution....


So... the rest of the day was just about settling in... giving the house tour... and *collapsing*.... today we're up... had lots of coffee.... blogging.... then it's TIME TO MAKE ART!!!!  It's going to be a painty, inky, drippy day!!!!  And before the week's out the melt pot will be making an appearance....

Will keep you posted on our antics....

Hugs to all,

~ Hels & Els xxxx

7 comments:

Helen said...

Oh, you are going to have such fun again! Loving the curtains!

Gillian said...

Oh Ellen how cool is that you have your very own Tim tag ... not jealous much lol. Glad you got to experience some of the Ranger U drama. The special touches you and hubby have gone to welcome Hel's is just amazing, so so thoughtful. Look forward to sharing in your inky antics before the week is through. Give Hel's a big hug from me. x

Kirsten Alicia said...

So glad you two are having such a great time already. I howled with laughter when I saw the photo of the Cheetos curtains on Hel's blog. Bravo Jack!

Candy C said...

Hey Ellen! Your Cheetos curtains are hysterical! Sheer genius! Hels will be in a cheetos coma before she goes home on Sunday! haha I miss you guys so much already! :( I know how much you'll treasure the Tim tag! It definitely WAS made especially for YOU!! <3 Candy

Lori said...

Wow, how cool!!!! Isn't Tim the greatest? So great that he made a tag for you....I expect to see that sucker framed.....Love the Cheetos curtain...now that's a true friend! lol! Hope you guys have a spectacular time!

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing Ellen and how welcome you and your hubby have made Hels, you know she wont want to leave LOL just have the bestest time togetherlove Andrea xx

Linda Ledbetter said...

Ellen, you are way too kind, and I very much appreciate your sweet words! Meeting you was an absolute joy, and there's nothing I'd love more than for you to come visit me. I hope you and Hels are having the time of your lives (I suspect you are!!!) and it takes a pretty amazing friend to create a Cheetos curtain. You are a dear, and a delight, and the gift you brought me is something I'll treasure for the rest of my life.

You girls give each other a huge hug for me!

Love,
Linda