Saturday, June 25, 2011

ATCs with Donna Downey

Hi everyone,

As I've shared before, I've been following along each month with Donna Downey's ATC Kits.  These kits are great because they are affordable, they come with downloadable instructions, and they always contain an idea or a theme which is inspiring to me.  If you're interested in joining in the fun, click HERE to head over to Donna's store - you can get the kit for $10 or just the downloadable instructions for $2.  I mean really... how cool is that?  I've done each month up through June, but only blogged 2 months... so I'll be catching up periodically... here are the ATC's from February....


I won't go into details about how to make these because it wouldn't be fair to Donna, but I love the gate theme on this month's set, and how each gate has a hidden message. Here are some close ups of each ATC.
This particular gate reminded me of the gates at Buckingham Palace, and I just happened to have a picture of *me* in front of those gates, so I cut myself out of that picture and place it into this project - perfect match, right?  


These gates also just felt like London to me, so I cut out the picture of the big statue in front of Buckingham Palace and placed it inside the gate.


Love this Secret Garden stamp... so added Maya Road flowers to the ornate plate to go with the garden theme.


This one was a little tricky to photograph since the gates are tied closed so here's another shot with a peak inside, pardon my pudgy fingers...


Hope you enjoyed these.  Like I said, there is always something in each month's kit that either inspires me to try something new, or remember a product I haven't used in a while, and I'm building quite a collection... 4 ATC's a month x 6 months.... yes... that means I've got 24 of these hanging from my ATC spinner... I love collections....  :)

Hope you have a great weekend!  The sun in shining in Baltimore and it's still cool enough outside to have the doors & windows open... of course it's only 7:30 am... the heat will come soon enough.  I may have to pay a visit to "the Queen".... at Queen's Ink that is.... today... can't seem to stay away from that place!  Enjoy your weekend, I'll be back soon with more to share.

~ ellen.

6 comments:

Alison said...

They're stunning Ellen! x

Helen said...

They look great, and they sound very affordable. Enjoy your weekend.

Gerri Herbst said...

Gorgeous ATC's your little gate is fabulous!

Lori said...

All of these are FANTASTIC! Love each and every one, and how cool to put actual photos in them, very creative!

Hels Sheridan said...

fabby ATC's... lovin the gate with your piccie... lookslike it was made for it!! xx

Juls said...

so so amazing and creative!!! Love everything about this!!! Hugs Juls