Friday, June 3, 2011

Dylusions - Day 2

Hello!

I'm back again with another tag made with the *fabulous* Dylusions stamps by Dyan Reaveley! I've had so much fun playing with these stamps - they are so playful, and quirky, and just, well... FUN!  Here's the next creation:

 
This tag was also started with color wash sprays on the background - butterscotch and red pepper, then spritzed with water and then heat set.  Then I started adding loads of stamps! 

Starting from the top... I used the polka dot background from Wendy Vecchi's Studio 490 stamps, using white paint dabber for the stamping.  Then added the "Art" letters from Tim Holtz' alpha parts.


The main feature has to be the mushrooms.... or... toadstools for all you UK'ers. These images are from the Doolally Doris set.  I added white enamel accents to the spots to really make them stand out against the bright background.  Added in the spider (Bits & Bats set) and the little leafy flowers (How Does Your Garden Grow set) for interest.


Across the bottom border I used one of the borders from Dyan's Around the Edge stamp set, and again added white enamel accents to the polka dots, and some white pigment pen on the stripes in the half-circles. 


To separate the different sections of the tag I used pom pom trim by Maya Road at the top, and Tim's measuring tape at the bottom.  The final touch was to add an ornate frame with another mushroom stamped on sticky back canvas.  I distressed the metal frame with some white paint dabber to give a shabby chic look. 

I traced around most of the images with a white pigment pen to give it a more whimsical look.  These images are so fun to embellish and play with - they are so full of details to fill in with dots or dashes or stripes or whatever your heart desires.  

Topped off the tag with some rag trim I got in the UK from LB Crafts - love it!  Hope you're enjoying my Dylusions dabblings... I'll be back tomorrow with another tag!

'Til then! 

~ ellen.

5 comments:

Helen said...

Love that spider! What a(nother) great tag,Ellen. Keep 'em coming!

Lori said...

I'm really loving the colors on these tags, Ellen! Totally different style...I like it!

Candy C said...

Hey Ellen...this is another darling tag! Those stamps are so cute!!! You've already mastered them! :) <3 Candy

Hels Sheridan said...

It's official... I NEED those toadstools... cos they are gorgeous and I love love love the ickle one in the frame... tooooo cute!!! Loving the way you using those new stamps... you make them look amazing dahlink x

Juls said...

fab!! Love the colours and the mix of dots muchrooms and the tapemeasure, they all go perfectly together!!! Hugs Juls