Saturday, June 4, 2011

Dylusions - Day 3

Hello again!

By the time you're reading this... I will be on my way to the Hotel Hershey (yes, the chocolate!) Resort and Spa for the day... my annual trip with my BFF.  A couple years ago we decided to do away with birthday and Christmas presents, and just go to the spa once a year together instead!  Time together is always better anyway... and time together at a SPA is the BEST!  This year I'm trying the hot stone massage and a pedicure!  Can't wait!

Here's the next tag from my dabblings with Dylusions...


As with the other Dylusions tags so far, I started with color wash sprays for the background - this time using purple and denim.  Very different color palette for me... hmmmm...  such a dark background - had to use white paint for stamping so it would show up!  Speaking of which... used Wendy Vecchi's script background with white paint dabber for the main background.  I love how the paint really stands out against that vibrant purple/blue background - looks like nighttime to me.


For the wavy house , I started with another manilla tag, sprayed with color wash (lettuce and butterscotch), then stamped the house image in black archival ink.  Those bright greens & yellows over the dark background really makes the house "pop".  It's hard to see in the pic above, but I added some silver wire to the chimney to look like smoke - maybe should've used thicker wire so it would show better... next time...


Added the 7 gypsies charm with star and moon with a charm clip to keep with the nighttime theme, and the "home sweet home" sentiment printed out from the computer.  I'm doing that a lot lately - using homemade sentiments rather than trying to find the exact sentiment in stamp form.  


The bottom section - stamped the circle border from the Around the Edge set and went over the images with white pigment pen (do you see a theme emerging?? I've rediscovered the white pen - loving it!). Then added some of Tim's elastic trim with some metal ribbon by Martha Stewart over top (hides the tiny attacher staples I used to attached the elastic trim!). 

And there you go.... I've still got 3 more tags, plus a bonus project to share - stay tuned - I'll keep them coming!  See you tomorrow!

~ ellen.

7 comments:

Laura said...

This is gorgeous hun, i love the colours xxxx

Hels Sheridan said...

Yayyyyy, blogger let me finally leave you a comment.. all week I have been trying... kept telling me there was an Error 503... whatever that will be lol
LOVE this... tis lushly indeedily... you and Karen will be having THE BEST time... enjoy the hot stones... and have a pedicure for me babes, my trotters are shot rofl xx

Kaz said...

Oh wow!!! Another wonderful make xxx

kazx

Candy C said...

This tag is darling, too!! I love the bright colors and the really fun images. <3 Candy

Juls said...

this is fab! Hugs Juls

Carol Q said...

very very nice - love the green on that dark background!

StampDancer said...

These are so fabulous! I love the dark background and all your details really make it wonderful