abstract obsession

abstract obsession

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Dylusions - Day 4

Hello!

I'm back again to share another Dylusions tag...

This time, instead of using color wash sprays for the background, I did a paint resist.  Started with light brush strokes of white paint over the whole tag, being sure to leave plenty of un-painted surfaces.  Then I applied distress inks over the paint (crushed olive and broken china), and wiped over the tag with a baby wipe to lift the ink off the painted areas and reveal the white.  This is such a great technique, and super easy!


Then the stamping... started with the leafy vine from the Around the Edges set, lightly sketching around each leaf with a white pigment pen.  Then added the spider and the birds from the Bits & Bats set.


The mini bird and cage are from Tim Holtz' new Alterations release.  Painted the bird cage with black paint dabber and then used some Inka Gold (old silver) to swipe lightly over the black paint for highlights.  The bird is just painted with white paint dabber, to stand out against the black.


Across the bottom of the tag I added a scalloped border from Wendy Vecchi's Art Parts.  I painted the border with stream and lettuce paint dabbers, blending the two colors together, and then lightly swiped over that with a white paint dabber to tie in the white streaks with the tag background.


Once again, I couldn't find the exact right sentiment from my existing stamp stash, so I typed a simple message on the computer and printed it out, cut down the words, and inked with antique linen distress ink.


I scheduled this to post before I left for my spa day, so I don't have anything to share on that experience, yet.... of course in my hot-stone-massage-induced state of total relaxation, followed by some time in the hot tub... and then a pedicure... I'm not sure pictures will be possible, but I'll tell you all about it once I get home.... this is where I'll be...


Hope you are all having a great weekend.  The extreme heat wave finally broke, and it is delightful here on the east coast!  See you tomorrow with another Dylusions tag!

~ ellen.

4 comments:

Kirsten Alicia said...

Such gorgeous tags!! Hope your Spa experience was wonderful.

Helen said...

Love this one, but yesterday's, day 3 is immense!!

Candy C said...

Hey Ellen...LOVE your new tag. It's darling. You've really got that style nailed. And the SPA...oh my gosh!! I want to come!! I could use a hot stone massage about now. I'm about the green color of your newest tag...green with envy!!! <3 Candy

Juls said...

gorgeous!! Love the colours the images and the scallop detail!! Hugs Juls