Monday, June 6, 2011

Dylusions - Day 5

Hey there!

I'm back from my spaaaaaaaahhhh weekend and I must say... it was absolutely wonderful... if you ever have the chance to get a hot stone massage... DO IT... of course the best part of the weekend was spending time with my dear best friend (since we were 9 years old) Karen.  Here's a fun shot of us from the early years... hee!


Well as promised, I still have a few more Dylusions projects to share... so here's our next tag....


As with several of the other tags I've shared, this one started with color wash sprays for the background (lettuce and butterscotch).  I started by spraying the whole tag with water, then spraying the color wash over the water so it immediately runs and blends.  Dried with a heat gun.


Then got busy stamping with the lovely Dylusions stamps.  Kept this tag pretty simple to let the gorgeous background shine.  Used the leafy vine - stamping it once in black archival ink on the background and then again on grungepaper.  Inked the grunge paper with crushed olive ink and then added rock candy distress stickles.  Cut out each leaf and glued it over the image on the tag for some dimension.


Added the flying flock of birds from the Bits & Bats set, and then worked on the sentiment.  Started by using Tim Holtz' new mini ornamental label die with white card stock.  Sprayed the same lettuce and butterscotch color wash sprays on the label, but this time blotted up the excess color with paper towels to give it a lighter tone than the background.  Then stamped the Studio 490 mesh background with shabby shutters distress ink, and a Tim Holtz sentiment stamp.  This is from an older release, but I just recently got it, so it's new to me. 

Added some trinket pins from Maya Road, some metal flowers from Tim Holtz, and a metal corner from 7 Gypsies, and some rag ribbon to the top.  Then ran a gold krylon pen around the edges of the tag and the mini label to give a nice crisp finish.

That's it for today, but I'll be back tomorrow with one more tag... and then a special project.  I'm having so much fun with these Dylusions - so excited!  And... I think it's OK to say now... and it will explain my sudden spree with Dylusions... THE Dyan Reaveley is going to be teaching a few classes at The Queens Ink in July!  My local store!  I never dreamed that would happen, and I feel SO lucky to have the opportunity to take some classes with her!  Especially here in the States... I simply can't wait!  Though I guess I'll have to... but not for long! 

See you tomorrow!

~ ellen.

5 comments:

Kirsten Alicia said...

Gorgeous tag, I love the colours.

Lori said...

These have all been fantastic Ellen, loved seeing how you use these! And how exciting you'll be getting to take a class with Dyan!

Hels Sheridan said...

whoooowhhooootywhooo... am so excited for ya hun... you will have a ball ... another gorgeous tag.. Grungetastic!! x
Oh... and cute pic... tooo cute!! x

Juls said...

just fab! Hugs Juls

StampDancer said...

Wow! I'm envious of you getting to take a class with Dyan! I've just discovered her video from CHA recently and am thinking of getting some of her stamps. Love what you've done with the tag!