Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Dylusions - Day 7 - Special Project

Hi All!

I have had so much fun sharing my Dylusions tags with you all this week!  I have been a long-time admirer of Dyan Reaveley, and was so excited when these stamps came out.  It has been a new adventure to play with them and discover different ways to use them.  I have a feeling this is not the last you will see of them - lots more stamps to explore!

Here's the special project I've been waiting to share.  It's a 5 x 5 canvas that combines Dylusions with  another of my current favorite techniques... made famous to me by THE Donna Downey...  drippage!


Now, I must say... the curvy wavy houses are definitely my favorite of Dyan's stamps, so I definitely wanted to use them on my project... but... I'm getting ahead of myself....

This project started by painting the canvas with a combination of Golden paints... green gold on the bottom and phthalo blue on the top.  Then added drips of golden's titanium white airbrush paint and sprayed with water to make the white drips run and spread, and then adding another layer of drippage with the phthalo blue paint.


Then I stamped each of the houses onto Claudine Hellmuth's sticky back canvas, cut the roofs off each house (that way you can mix & match the houses & roofs), and painted each section with watered down paint so the designs on the stamps would show through.  Edged the houses and roofs with white acrylic paint.

Stamped the checker-boarder onto sticky back canvas, cut it out, and adhered it to grungeboard.  I accented the checkerboard pattern with white paint and a black sharpie


Used Tim Holtz' typeset die to cut out the letters for the "Art gives you wings" message, adhered all the parts to the canvas, and then gave the letters a "marquee" look with a white pigment pen.


My favorite part of the canvas is the big ART house taking flight with its wings (Tim Holtz).  Because art truly does make me feel like I can fly (at least when everything is going well.... when the mojo disappears it can feel like a lead weight! LOL!) 

I hope you've enjoyed following along with my Dylusions experimentation.  I've had a blast, and can't wait to do some more playing with these awesome stamps!  Have a great day, and I'll see you soon with more art to share.  I'm working on an altered wood piece at the moment, but it still needs some finishing touches.... not sure how it will evolve... time will tell!

~ ellen.

8 comments:

Helen said...

Gorgeous. I love those wavy houses, too. May have to let some drop into my shopping basket!

Hels Sheridan said...

Another gorgeous creation... those houses are FAB and I love what you have done with them hun... hoping the Mojo stays with you cos you are cracking out some divine art!! :O)) xx

Lori said...

Have loved all these Ellen, I can tell you really love this style! They all look fabulous!

Kirsten Alicia said...

Beautiful piece, I love that you can still see the texture of the canvas.

Dylan said...

Wow girlie, these are fab. My flabber is well and truly gasted that you have taken the time to devote a whole week of blogging to my stamps. I am just soooo sorry that I came in at the tail end. I think the projects are fabulous, thankyou for loving them as I do. Can't wait to see what you do with my new releases. I would show you but it's more than my lifes worth, lol. xx

Juls said...

fab!!!! I love the bright colours and your gorgeous wavy house!! Hugs Juls

One Creative Queen said...

Gotta admit - found you through the Nona Designs posting...and had to follow because you are one talented chick! Very fun blog you have - almost makes me want to throw my blog hat back on and get going again...you make all the work look easy. :) Very talented - so impressive! Am so glad I found you - I'll be back!! (Like mold or a bad stalker.)

xx,
Katherine :)

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful flying house.