Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Rain, Rain, Go Away.... more fun with Dylusions

Hi everybody,

I've been having a lot of fun playing with Dyan Reaveley's awesome stamp line (range), Dylusions and had another good day creating with them over the weekend.  If you haven't seen the previews of the new stamps coming out next week, you've got to check them out HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE- lots more fun on the way!


Last Thursday and Friday we had more rain than I've ever seen in my life!  Torrential downpours, power outages, and some serious worries about flooding.... that said... rain has been on my mind...

I started this tag with color wash sprays, letting them blend and bleed in the background, building layers of intensity in the colors.  Then added some white drippage.  At this point I didn't have "rain" in mind for the tag, I just like drippage!

Then it was time to start building layers.... that's where the rain came in... I used the leaf stamp from THIS stamp set, but instead of using them as leaves, I cut the stems off and used them as... raindrops! Also used the circles from THIS set.  I painted each raindrop with color wash (denim), outlined with white pen, and then put glossy accents over the each raindrop for a wet look.  Must admit.... rather pleased with this!


Once I had the raindrops in place, I had to use the umbrella from THIS set.  Painted the umbrella with orange color wash and added glossy accents to the skeleton frame of the umbrella.  Painted the handle with butterscotch color wash, and also added glossy accents.


Needed somebody to hold that umbrella, so stamped "Lucy" from THIS set onto book text, cut her out, painted her with distress inks and water, and layered her over the background.  I cut out her left arm so it would look (somewhat) like she was holding the umbrella.  And, of course, her awesome red boots had to have glossy accents, too.

Added the "Rain, Rain" sentiment, just typed it out on my computer and printed in a fun font (chalkboard).  Cut the words apart, glued them down, and added some black dots around the edges.


Finally, finished off the tag by added pearl pen (by Viva) dotted border all the way around the edges.

Hope you're having fun playing along with my Dylusions adventure - love them!  And.... now it's only TEN days until Dyan arrives at The Queens Ink!  Oh, what fun we're going to have!

See you soon!

~ ellen.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Another awesome tag! Just love it! Have fun at QI!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful piece, great texture on it.