Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Simon Says Stamp and Show Embossing / Grungy Monday 16

Hello!

This week the stars aligned with two awesome challenges..... 

the first is over at the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge Blog, where this week's theme is to use embossing...

the second is the Grungy Monday Challenge, where this week's theme is to use grungeboard or grungepaper.... honestly, this has to be one of Tim's best products EVER... be sure to check out his blog HERE for serious inspiration and amazement... he's so flippin' creative...

so... since I *love* both these techniques and products, and I *love* both of these awesome challenge sites, I decided to do both!

I bought this Tim Holtz Alterations cabinet card die a few months ago, and decided it was long over due for a good workout.  I decided to make a mini book, with the cabinet card die used as the pages.  So I cut the front and back covers out of grungeboard, and embossed the grungeboard with an embossing folder and my Vagabond - challenges satisfied!   Here are the covers....

Front:


And the back:
All of the stamps used in this book are Studio 490 by Wendy Vecchi (ok... for those eagle eyed stampers out there.... there is *one* stamp by Dyan Reaveley - can you find it?) - these Studio 490  stamps are highly addictive and so versatile - if you haven't checked them out you simply *must* !  Check out Wendy's blog HERE to see all the different ways to use them, along with her other fabulous products.

The pages of my book are made from raw canvas.  I cut six pieces from the Cabinet Card Die and sewed them together into 3 pages, front and back.  Here are the six sides:









(*needed that "oops" stamp! - outlining the sentiment and went a little off-course!  OOPS!*)





Once all the pages were completed, I punched holes in each page using my Cinch, and then tied the book together with some ribbon by May Arts.  I love their crinkly ribbon!  Can't get enough.... :)

Hope you've enjoyed this book - hope to see you around the blog-o-sphere!

Time is drawing very very near!!!! Only THREE DAYS until Dyan Reaveley arrives at The Queens Ink! I'm hyperventilating!!!

See you soon.

~ ellen.

16 comments:

sasa said...

We meet again at 2am...Sarah here (Brit insomniac from SSS&S - but not the boss!!!) This is a fantabulous creative book bursting with full-on on Wendy loveliness. Such great colours, textures and stamping on every page. Love it. Thanks so much for sharing with Simon Says Stamp & Show.
Sarah.
PS. spotted the gate-crasher heart...enjoy Dyan in her new 50s gear!

Linda Ledbetter @ Studio L3 said...

Hello, sweet (and incredibly talented) Ellen! Your grungeboard cabinet card book is spectacular! Every page is its own little perfect world. The imagery and sentiments are fabulous, and the stitched canvas pages are beyond cool! You never cease to amaze and inspire.

Have a BLAST with Dyan Reaveley!!!

Nancy Wethington said...

Ellen, I love your work! You are so creative. Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

Brenda Brown said...

What an amazing book Ellen. The pages are so inspirational and I love that they are made of canvas. Great job.
Have a great day.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Juls said...

wow this is just fabulous!!! Hugs Juls

Trish said...

Amazing! Your work is stunning!

Lori said...

This is fabulous Ellen! Love the canvas and all the Wendy goodness! Yeah!

Gillian .... said...

Hi Ellen, WOW a book full of WV lushness, love all the images with the quirky quotes, especially the "oops" one, can't wait to get my hands on that one lol. A sneaky appearence from Dyan's heart ... these new stamps are also a MUST! Ohhhh you lucky thing ... say hi to Dyan from me and have a blast. x

Kaz said...

BLINKIE,BLINKIE,BLINKIE This has got to be another win!! Just another wonderful creation xxx big hugs xx

Kazxx

Hels Sheridan said...

STUNNING!!!! I am with Kaz, three in a row for you hun!! x

Nancy said...

LOVE this!! The cabinet card's one of my fav dies - and now to see it embossed? Oh, yeah - I WILL be doing that, too!!

Terry said...

What you have done with this cabinet die is amazing! Can't believe I don't have that die! Love this!

Minxy said...

Tis BLINKIE fantastic :oP

Plume said...

WOW! WHat an inspirationnal piece! Bravo!

Dawn said...

Gosh some fantastic work here I am so glad you decided to share it with us ;0)Dxx

Nancy said...

I know I commented on this before, but I just have to tell you how much this book has stayed in my head! Making one myself is definitely on my to-do list - thank you very much for the inspiration!