Friday, August 5, 2011

Dylusions Mini Book

Hello!

I wanted to share the finished Dylusions Mini Book from the class I was so lucky to be able to take with Dyan Reaveley a couple weeks ago.  I love the softer, more muted tones of this book.  A thin layer of gesso under distress stains (or inks) gives a beautiful chalky effect. 

The design look for my pages was definitely taken from Dyan's sample, but you will see a LOT of the leafy vine stamp, because it just *makes me happy* !!  As with the accordion book, posted HERE, this book is 100% Dylusions stamps. 


















I added a border to each page with a gold krylon pen, just to give each page a frame.  I like the gold tone with the chalky colors.  If you ever have the opportunity to take a class with Dyan.... DO IT... you will absolutely love her, and will learn a TON! 

Have a great day!

~ ellen.

10 comments:

Dylan said...

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous...and the books not bad either, lol. loves you muchly xxx

Helen said...

These are just brilliant and I love those sayings, think I am going to have to go shopping!

Gillian .... said...

Love what you are creating with the Dylusions range, fabby work Ellen xx

Kaz said...

Only one word to squeal...........Awesome!

Love it all Hun, you rock xxx

Talking Horses Arts said...

Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing.
Andrea.

Martha Richardson said...

FAb book! Glad to find your blog...will be back to visit!

betjunroe said...

I was so pleased to have met you at Queen's Ink. Just love your blog and your mini album looks great. I'm still working on my and loving every minute of it. Hope to see you in Oct. when Wendy Vecchi comes to town.
Bette

Hels Sheridan said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Loving those houses with the legs. if only moving was so simples lol xx

Lori said...

These are fabulous Ellen! Love those stamps! Nice touch with the gold pen, too!

Kirsten Alicia said...

Wow, this is fabulous!!!