Friday, August 26, 2011

A "Friendly" Tag...


Hi everyone,

A couple weeks ago a very special friend of mine in the UK... any guesses?...  sent me this AWESOME ceramic button of "Big Ben", which, to my knowledge, is only being sold at LB Crafts in the adorable town of Olney.  The buttons are handmade by a local artist and I absolutely love them!


I started by using the scraps from my London paper stack and gluing lots of pieces down all over the tag, trimming the excess when done.  Then added brushed corduroy distress ink, and sunflower sparkle perfect pearl mist, and some white drippage with Golden's titanium white airbrush paint.


Added the ceramic button, tied to the tag with black hemp, 


some Tim Holtz rosette trimmings died with scattered straw distress stain,


and THIS great sentiment stamp from Dyan Reaveley's Dylusions line.


Finished it off with a "Big Ben" charm, and black pearl pen dots around the edges.  Topped it with some Tim Holtz trim.

This was a pretty quick tag, but I love that the sentiment will always remind me that I received that special button from a very special friend.  It won't mean anything to anyone but *me* - and that's OK!


We are bracing for the impact of Hurricane Irene, expected to hit tomorrow evening... fingers crossed we will be OK.  We live in a water-front neighborhood that is very prone to flooding, in the best of circumstances... needless to say we're a little bit on edge.... I'll be back with more as soon as I can!

Best wishes to everyone in it's path, they say it's a *monster* storm... hope everyone stays safe!

~ ellen. xxx



13 comments:

Gillian .... said...

Hi Ellen ... OMG this tag is gorgeous, love love love the composition, you have a very special friend in Hel's, isn't the button just fab! I love the effect the Scattered Straw has given the trimmings ... just gorgeous.

Stay safe .... xxxx

it's on it's way, hopefully shouldn't be long:):) xx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous tag Ellen, love love the button. What London papers did you use? I am always on the look out for London papers. Tracy x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Sorry Ellen also meant to say stay safe, take care. Tracy x

Vic said...

Fantastic tag! Stay safe!!

Linda Cain said...

Very COOL!

Helen said...

Fantastic tag, love the Big Ben button. Hope you are staying safe - the news coverage we are getting over here suggests the US is preparing well - will be thinking of you later!!

Hels Sheridan said...

Hey hunny, cor blimey and THRICE!! LOVE the way you used the button... looks ~A~MAY~ZINGGGGGG
Now, you make sure that you and Jack batton down the hatches and STAY SAFE!!! Will be thinking about you... and worrying, and thinking some more... and worrying even more... HATE that we are so far away!!! Love ya x

betjunroe said...

Love the tag and especially the button! Stay safe Ellen! Bette

Wanda H said...

Your tag is gorgeous!!! Love the white drips and the whole layout!!! Hope your are ok!!!

Gill said...

I love your tag & that gorgeous button.
Do hope you & yours all stay safe.

Michelle said...

Oh love it!!
I wish I could get more people in the UK to do this sort of art work!

Last week I just HAD to do some inking up!! The results are on my Blog!

I just found you through Twiiter and am following you @CMTales

God, I hope you have got through your storm:( havent seen the news tonight here yet. Hope you are safe!
love
michelle x

Lori said...

This is a fabulous tag, Ellen! That button is so COOL! I can see why you love it! Hope the clean up after Irene goes well!!

Pam said...

Fabulous tag! I love the button. I really love everything about it!