Sunday, August 21, 2011

Spreading the Dylusional Love... Art with Onnie!

Hi everyone!

Sorry it has been so long since I posted... I've been under the weather all week, but am finally starting to feel better. 

Yesterday I spent the afternoon with my two GORGEOUS nieces... we had an inky/painty/afternoon playing with DYLUSIONS stamps (available at Simon Says Stamp), and the Dylusions ink sprays (available from Dyan Reaveley's Art From The Heart website).... shipping rates to the US are very reasonable, and they will let you know what the shipping cost will be before they finalize your order. 


They both fell in love with the bright colors and awesome, quirky characters and fun images and sayings.  Lauren especially liked the "I don't like you. You're very ugly and have no manners at all" sentiment --- from the "Say What You Mean" set.  Ahhhh... the things we wish we could say out loud at certain times in life... it's one of my favorites too.

We used the Dylusions spray inks on watercolor paper to create a vibrant background, and then added accents with Crafter's Workshop stencils and gesso.  Here is what Jessica created for her background (in progress):


And here is what Lauren created!


Now, being the bad "in progress" photographer that I am... I forgot to take the rest of the pix along the way, but after the gesso, we added more details to the backgrounds, using alphabet stencils and dylusions spray inks, and then added a spritz of perfect pearls mist over the whole background for that awesome shimmer!

By this time, we had gotten well and truly INKY.... nothing makes me happier than to see my girls' hands covered in INK.... (Lauren is so neat... she hardly got any ink on her fingers at all!! We'll have to work on that.... LOL!)  I think I won the inky fingers challenge.... I'm very messy!


Then we cut the background into four pieces, each roughly the size of a #8 tag.

I sent them home with LOADS of Dylusions images and brand new white gel pens so they could finish their tags at home, using their own markers to color in the images. 

I had an awesome time playing with them, and we've decided to make it a monthly event... Art with Onnie! (that's me!  that's what Jessica called me at 1 year old, and it stuck... I love it!)

Have a great Sunday!  I'll be back tomorrow with a new project for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!  Stop by and check it out!

~ ellen.

5 comments:

Kaz said...

YaY its infectious.....Lauren and Jessica have got the the dylusion bug!thats fantastic! what Gorgeous girls, so pwetty tooxx Looks like you had a blast.....love your art work on your wall, fabby xx

big hugs from across the pond xx

Kazx

Helen said...

Great that another generation is getting inky and loving it too! Great backgrounds.

Gillian .... said...

Hey Ellen, sorry to hear you have been poorly,what gorgeous neices you have, I think it's fair to say that the art for Dylusions runs in the family, they did GREAT! Look forward to seeing more Onnie art adventures:) xx

Watch out for the postie :):) x

Lori said...

Very pretty girls, and way to get them started early! lol! Love that background!

Hels Sheridan said...

awwww, look at them both... so gorgeous and pretty... looks like you all had a blast... Mr Blogger is FINALLY letting me talk to you, I have a sneaky backdoor way of getting in... thru FB! Hugs hun... xxx