Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Art Journal - Inspired by Teesha Moore

Hi everyone!

I've recently discovered Teesha Moore's art journaling and I must say... I'm in LOVE... :)  I've been watching her YouTube videos and decided to give it a try.  So... this is my very first attempt at Teesha-style art journaling.  I started out by making her "Amazing 16 Page Journal" which is shown in a series of 2 videos on YouTube.  Here's part 1 of 2...


The paper she recommends in the video is sheets a little expensive, and there is a minimum order of 10 sheets, but it is SO worth it.  You can buy it on line HERE.  If anyone knows of another source to get this paper, let me know! 

EDIT:  Thanks to my awesome sister for sharing this link... MUCH cheaper.... click HERE.

Then I made my way through the other videos, building the layers from paper, paint, collage, pen work, and writing.  Just do a search for "Teesha Moore" on YouTube and you'll find them all.  I like the way she describes the different stages of the process - it makes sense to me.  I'm a person that thrives on structure and process... so having different steps to follow really works for me.   The other thing about me is that, when I try something new, I tend to copy first (not exact copying of the art itself, but following the steps as instructed)... then, once I build a comfort level, I add my own twist.  It's how I learn.  So... if some of the shapes/figures used resemble what Teesha would do... that's why....  Here's a few pages in progress:


I'm still in the collage-phase, but wanted to share with you my progress so far.  Keep in mind... none of these pages are done, but it may be quite some time before any of them ARE done, so.... wanted to share the progress along the way.  Here's a few more pix:


Hope you check out Teesha's videos and give it a try.  I have really been loving this process - and I love that it's a portable art... I can sit in the living room, cutting out images from magazines, or take an evening just to create collage borders in my journal.

I'll keep sharing as I make more progress.  If you decide to give it a try let me know!

~ ellen.

8 comments:

Sandra said...

WOW! Thanks for sharing this Ellen - my mind is spinning with ideas - this is so cool!
Sandra ltb

Helen said...

Fab art - off to check out the other video now! Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Hels Sheridan said...

those pumpkins made me smile, love the eys in different directions! The owl is soooo coolio... can't wait to see this... in the real... not long now x

Sarah said...

I Love this style and I get so much satisfaction out of snipping and sticking! Fabulous bold images Ellen...I also recommend cutting up Vogue!

Lori said...

Very cool Ellen! I've always admired this style, but have never tried it. Looks awesome!

Gillian .... said...

Love her style and her videos are inspirational, love the use of bold colours .... not normally within my colour zone but there is a 1st for everything .... your pages already look amazing Ellen, look forward to seeing them in the future. xx

Candy C said...

This is so cool, Ellen!! I wish we lived closer so I could just come over and WATCH you work!!! You amaze me!! <3 Candy

Maggie said...

After seeing this blog post I watched all the videos (Amazing! Even more amazing that she shared all of that for free!), sent for some of that marvelous paper, and I'm ready to start cutting up my Vogue. Yours looks like a great start and I'll probably do the same: stay close to her style and then figure out my own. Thanks so much for sharing this.