Monday, September 19, 2011

Simon Says Stamp and Show - an ATC!

Hi everyone!

Sorry I've been "absent" this past week - been very very busy with my "other" work life...

This week's theme on Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge is to show an ATC!  For those of you not familiar with that term, an ATC is an Artist's Trading Card.  The standard dimension is 2.5" x 3.5".  There is another phenomenon called the "Chunky ATC".  For this, you take a block of wood and place ATC's all around the edges, and can decorate the top/bottom as well.  I chose the standard ATC for my piece this week.

I started with a manila ATC from Ranger and used aged mahogany, crushed olive, and picket fence distress stains to create a marbled background. Then used the alpha background, leafy vine and sentiment stamps from Dyan Reaveley's Dylusions stamps, and perfect pearls (forever green) to paint in the leaves, and a white gel pen to accent the vine. Added accents with a cream pearl pen by Viva. Stitched around the edges on the sewing machine.


But THEN... there's a little more to show...
Tucked into a little sleeve on the back of my ATC, is a mini tag, decorated with the same background colors, stamping and embellishments, which has the second part of the sentiment.

I topped it off with some silk fiber yarn I picked up at the American Visionary Arts Museum which is located here in Baltimore.





I hope you have a chance to join in the fun this week - but be warned... ATC's can be quite addictive! As always, everyone that joins in has a chance to win a $50 shopping spree from Simon Says Stamp!  


Be sure to stop by the Challenge blog to check out the other projects!  Have a great week - I'm hoping things will settle down at work soon so I have more time for ART!  I get grumpy when I don't have time for art.... is it just me??

~ ellen.


14 comments:

Helen said...

Just love your ATC, Ellen - it may be small but it is gorgeous! I haven't had time to play this week either.... grrrr!!

Dylan said...

just love it darling, it's gorgeous.!!! xxx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous inky ATC Ellen, love the pop of White and the little tag is the perfect little insert. You are right about these being addictive I am now starting another LOL. Tracy x

Gabrielle said...

Oh this is lush! Looks a little batik-like in the photo which is just fab. Glad you found time to play!

Candy C said...

Ellen...this is so cute! I love this "Dy" style. You did a wonderful job with your colors, design, etc. Love it!!! <3 Candy

Nancy Wethington said...

So beautifully created! And I love how the white gel pen makes those leaves pop. Gorgeous!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Absolutely perfect ATC! I really love your colors - the way you stamped and then blended the colors is so pleasing to my eye - and your white outlines really make the whole thing pop. Wonderful sentiment and I love the way you tucked the second part of it inside as a tag.

Hope you had a great weekend!

Hugs,
Linda

Lori said...

This is wonderful, Ellen! Love the colors, and you do such a wonderful job with those stamps!

Gillian .... said...

Hellooooo .... OMG how cool is this ... VERY! Of course I love all the Dylusional artwork which you rock at, the stitching adds a neat touch too, but love love love the ickle tag inside. xx

Marjie Kemper said...

Love your project, Ellen! I just picked up some of Dyan's stamps last week. Love how you've colored these pieces. Thanks also for your kind words on FB.

Sarah said...

Love coming to see your work in close-up. The colours, shading and details are wonderful. Your background has real depth and the highlighting is perfect making the leaves really pop. Just gorgeous...hope you find some you time this week.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous work, Ellen!! I love the sentiment and the touch of pearls are so pretty :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a wonderful set.

Hels Sheridan said...

GORGEOUS!!!

21 days!!!!!!

XX