Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Hels and Els (and THE Wendy Vecchi!) - Day 1

Hello!

OMG... it should be a crime to have this much fun and excitement!  I'll give you the recap starting from Thursday night when Hels arrived....

We went to the airport to meet Hels on Thursday evening, and rather than holding a fancy airport sign to welcome Hels back to America, I thought it would be quite fitting (not to mention hysterical...) to put a bag of *cheesy chester cheetos* on a string a wave it back and forth.... LOL!!!  She found me in no time!

We had our cheery reunion Thursday evening, stayed up way too late talking and laughing, and then Friday morning we went back to the airport to pick up THE Wendy Vecchi!  Hels and I had made welcome signs for Wendy.... each in our own Studio 490 style...  Hels is hold the one she made...

 
And here's me... Wendy is holding the one I made...


Here's a close up of my sign... since the other photo is a little blurry...


It was lovely to see Wendy again and have the opportunity to meet her at the airport - thanks to Queen Patti for letting us help out - was quite the honor....

Then we took Wendy to The Queens Ink, met up with Patti, and went to lunch - Here's Wendy and "Freckles" - Wendy is holding a 490 style mini book that Hels made for her... SOOOO cool!


Here's a nice shot of Wendy and Patti at lunch - They are surrounded by awesome art that Hels brought to show to Patti - (at Patti's request) and several of her pieces are now proudly hanging in The Queen's Ink!  GO HELS!


After lunch, Hels and I did some shopping around the Queen's Ink while Wendy and Patti started to set up for classes.  Then, Patti came over and invited Hels and I to join her and Wendy for dinner!  So we happily obliged and met them at an awesome burger place called Five Guys Burgers and Fries - YUM!  We didn't get home until after 9:00 pm - and we definitely needed our beauty rest to be ready for the next day when classes began!  It took us quite a while to settle down from such an exciting day!

OH!  Look at this!!  Before we left for dinner, Wendy gave Hels and I these..


Yes, folks... they are  Studio 490 tote bags!!!  The only two in existence on the planet!  They were samples Wendy got from a manufacturer and she gave them to US!  How awesome is that??

I'll be posting more tomorrow so stay tuned!  I'll show you the projects we did in the two classes on Saturday - you will love them!

~ ellen.

7 comments:

Helen said...

Wow! love those totes, and the art you and Hels made Wendy. Looking forward to hearing about the classes... so impatient!

Shazza said...

fabulous!!! Artwork is superb Ellen and love the totes. x

Terry said...

Hey there Ellen, my goodness what an honor to meet up with Hels and The Wendy, it sure looks like your having a fabulous and fun time. And the totes are just wonderfull....I wonder what you guys are going to do with that LOL....and Hels and Wendy just look great, might I add you look just great tooo Ellen....
Hugs Terry
P.s. can't wait for the next posting though....
xxxx

Hels Sheridan said...

OMG, I blurred your photo!!! Ooopsies, I can say, quite categorically, it was because I was shaking from the excitement of meeting THE Wendy Vecchi! THANK YOU Ellen and Jack for being such lovely friends, for making me feel so welcome that I feel like I am home from home when I am with you... for the Cheeto's... oh, the Cheeto's, I ate plenty of those... THANKYOU... love ya xxx

Gabrielle said...

Oh you two have had so much fun! It is amazing to see your adventures unfold! Off to read Day 2 now...!

betjunroe said...

Ellen, glad you and Hels had so much fun. Loved the signs you both made for Wendy. I loved the projects we made Sat. and can't wait to make more using my new Studio 490 stamps. Thanks for being patient with all my questions! Bette

Kaz said...

Looks like you both had an amazing time xx and those bags .....wow!