Monday, October 24, 2011

Simon Says Stamp and Show - One Color

Hello!

This week's theme on the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge is to do a project using one color... any color!  I thought long and hard about how to make this week's piece, and finally remembered that black and white are considered by some to be the absence of color.... and black, white and green is my favorite color combination, so I chose peeled paint as my one color.


I started by creating a multi-layered background on a tag with distress stains, (black soot, peeled paint and picket fence) adding intensity to the color by blending distress inks over the stains.


Then added the circle stamp from Tim's Bitty Grunge set, covering each circle with a circle fragment and sprocket gears, game spinners, snaps and a little bling.


Added accents with a white pen, and the word "imagine" in grunge letters painted with peeled paint crackle paint, filling in the cracks with black soot distress ink.

Added some distress stickles in black soot, rock candy and peeled paint - hard to catch in the light, but it gives a very subtle glittery look.

Hope you have time to join in this week's challenge - as always you will have a chance to win a $50 shopping spree from Simon Says Stamp!


Have a great week!

~ ellen.

14 comments:

Maggie said...

That is so cool! I love all the spinners and think I would be playing with that a lot. The green is perfect with black, white, and metal.

Gabrielle said...

Oh Ellen! This is gorgeous! I love the colour and the watch parts are wonderful! I feel inspired!

Helen said...

Looks fantastic, Ellen and I like your reasoning re black and white - it occurred to me too before I saw what you made!!

Haseeb said...

i must say that this creativity is mind blowing , what a looks i love to have this card on my collection i am sure every one will like it . thanks for the tips i will make one soon.


Plastic Cards
Plastic card printing

Kaz said...

OMG this is just so freakin amazing! Love this Ellen ........you are sooooo talented xx
Kazx

Candy C said...

Ellen, your Imagine tag is really amazing! I love all the details you used in your background. Then all of the Ideaology Sprockets and Gears you so masterfully layered and placed on the tag are really cool. Love your use of blacks, whites and greens. Hugs, Candy

Gisèle said...

OMgosh, this is so , so cool !!!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Hi Ellen, love how you have highlighted the circles with fragments and sprockets, they look so effective as does the pop of white highlights. A wonderful tag. Tracy x

Marjie Kemper said...

What a beauty, Ellen! Love all the gears and your crackled letters. Great colors!

Dan said...

This is amazing Ellen! The white accents teamed with the green give this a really lime-y zing which is a breath of fresh air here in grey and rainy England! lol Genius to have used the cogs on the circles stamp in this way, wonderful!

DeeDee said...

the layering in this piece is ASTOUNDING! Absolutely fab! great great job!!

Cindy Lyles said...

The metal whimsy is so beautiful - totally love this!!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

How beautiful, Ellen! I love the concept and my 'wheels began turning' from the moment I looked at this lovely tag! The green matches your blog background! :D

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Lori said...

Very cool, Ellen!