Monday, October 3, 2011

Simon Says Stamp and Show - THE Wendy Vecchi Style!

Hello!

This week's theme on Simon Says Stamp and Show is to do a project in the style of THE Wendy Vecchi!  Now...Being a HUGE fan of all things Wendy... I couldn't wait to break out her Studio 490 stamps and Art Parts

Before we get started.... since I haven't mentioned it yet... I am getting SO excited because Wendy is coming back to The Queens Ink to teach in just a couple of weeks!  And wait! There's more! My very bestest BFF from the UK is coming back to visit and go to the classes with me!  That's right... Hels is coming back to America!  Can you stand it??? Me and Hels... sitting in classes with Wendy ALL weekend??? It's just too perfect!!!

OK... back to our project....


I started with a 5 x 5 canvas frame, applied distress stains to the background and sides, and then started with the stamping. 


I did some script and alpha background stamping, and then used some flower art parts (from THIS set and THIS set), painted with Ranger paint dabbers and then stamped with the polka dot background and checker/flower background.


Then added a scalloped border (from THIS set), stamped the sentiment on white card stock, cut the words apart and arranged on the canvas, inking with antique linen distress ink.  Added an antique skeleton key, and some idea-ology accents.

Hope you have time to join in the fun this week!  If you haven't used Studio 490 stamps and Art Parts before you simply MUST give them a try - I promise you will love them!  Plus, if you do enter the challenge and link up your project, you'll be in for a chance at winning a $50 shopping spree from Simon Says Stamp!


So... it's really a no-brainer... make some art and maybe win some free stuff!

Have a great week!  Thanks for stopping by!

~ ellen.

13 comments:

Helen said...

What a lovely piece of artwork. And a great theme for you.... don't get too excited about your forthcoming classes!!

Juls said...

this is just gorgeous!!! Love the bright vivid colours! Hugs Juls

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Love the bright vivid colours on this Ellen, I must use more bright colours LOL. Love your use of the art parts too. Tracy xx

Candy C said...

Ellen...your Wendy piece is beautiful! I love your bright colors as the background on your canvas! They are amazing! I also love your Wendy flowers! So unmistakeably her style...but with YOUR touch! :) I also love your scallop border at the bottom and the little bits of metal you've added. Really a nice piece! <3 Candy

Lori said...

Beautiful piece of Wendyness, Ellen! Just love it!

Kirsten Alicia said...

That is really beautiful. I'm looking forward to reading "The Adventures of Hels, Ellen & Wendy". I have no doubt you are going to have a blast.

Gillian .... said...

Hey Ellen ... I knew you would rock this theme ... and boy did you:) Love the bright colour stains to the backdrop of your canvas and the signature Wendy flowers. Hope you girls have the best time ever, *going to sneak in Hels case when I'm down* ... think she will notice lol. xxx

Wanda H said...

Ellen, this is beautiful!!! I love the colors!!!!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Just a beautiful piece with the most lovely bright colors and sweet sentiment! I love it, Ellen!

You would undoubtedly make Wendy very proud!! ;)
*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp

Terry said...

Hey there Ellen, I just love the bright colors that you have used, the sentiments are just perfect for your project and I just know that The Wendy will love it. Hugs Terry xxx

Hels Sheridan said...

Tis LUSHNESS indeedily.. and... in 8 days I get to see it in the real!! HUZZZAH!!! Can't wait... literally... cannot wait... I am going to see about getting one of those clock thingy's that Hermione used... so we can make the time last longer .. tis gonna whip past.... see you... SOON! xx

Sarah said...

Love your great mix of colours Ellen - so vibrant and just the job to brighten up my dreary wet evening! Those flowers look just ace and I love the painted distressed look. I would be excited too - Wendy and Hels - golly can you handle it all? Hels has sold half her craft room so the drinks are on her...!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

What a lovely piece, Ellen. Your background is wonderful with those rich rainbow colors. I love your chunky flowers and the button centers are terrific. Sensational take on this week's challenge!