Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Art Parts Bouquet

Hi everyone,

When Hels came to visit in October, we did some shopping at Michael's and found some awesome crystal flower vines by Recollections.  We both thought they would be perfect in a Studio 490 Art Parts base, so last week I decided to try it.


I started with an art parts flower, two circle bases, and a tube, and covered each part with paper from Basic Grey's "Out of Print" collection, sanding the edges and distressing with vintage photo ink.  I added this beaded trim which I've had for quite a while, some bark ribbon trim over top, and some bead chain around the perimeter.  Here's a close up.


Then I started working on the crystal flowers.  There are two separate sprays of flowers, and both of them came with clear crystals, which I decided to dye with alcohol inks.  I used, lettuce, stream, wild plum, and butterscotch. 

I also had some garden stakes that I painted black. The garden stake idea came directly from a class I took with Wendy Vecchi last year - I was able to find some so wanted to use them again!  They came with copper sheeting for writing on, which I distressed by banging with a hammer for some texture, adding some juniper paint dabber, and stamping "Imagine" (Studio 490) with jet black archival ink.  Added some idea-ology: a bulldog clip and a philosophy tag (also altered with juniper paint dabber), and a game spinner.



Hope you have some time to play with Art Parts - the possibilities are endless and I'm having fun exploring different combinations of products with them. 

Hope you're having a good week - see you soon!

~ ellen.

12 comments:

Helen said...

This is beautiful!! Well worth the effort - and thanks for sharing it with us.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous art parts bouquet Ellen, I love the papers and the garden sign, gorgeous flowers too. Tracy x

Gabrielle said...

Ooh! I love this! Such a beautiful creation! I can just see this as part of the a display my nan had of crystal/glass art deco flowers and animals. Really made me smile to think of her again - thank you!

Candy C said...

Ellen...your beautiful crystal Recollections flower arrangement in the Art Parts base is amazing! You and Hels were right!!! They ARE great together! I love the colors you used and your design. It's really really wonderful! <3 Candy

Hels Sheridan said...

TIS CHUFFING GORGEOUS!!! Love it loads... I still haven't played with mine yet lol xx

betjunroe said...

Love the cool project, Ellen! Now I know what to do with the little art parts stand. Hope you left some of the flowers at Michael's for me. Lol! Bette

Kim Dellow said...

WOW! Stunning work. Kim

Sarah said...

Fabulous Ellen - just love the translucent colours of the blooms, it has a real vintage feel - a bi of Victoriana - it really is a stunner and talking point. Love how you have used the Art Parts to create suc ha great combination. Love it!!!

Wanda H said...

Love this, Ellen!!!

Gio said...

Such a wonderful piece! That flowers are the best location!

Lynne Forsythe said...

OH MY.....what a thing of beauty!! just LOVE IT!!

Minxy said...

WOW what a delightful display :)