Monday, November 28, 2011

Simon Says Stamp and Show - Stars

Hi everyone,

This week's theme on the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge is to use STARS.  I really struggled with this - I realized I don't really have much stash with stars.... so I had to get creative...

I decided to alter a 6x6 canvas.  I started by blending several colors together on the canvas.  I used red pepper, citrus, pearl and copper paint dabbers.  


Then I added some molding paste with a palette knife and painted over it with the same colors - this is a great way to added texture.  I was completely inspired by Rach's technique in her latest YouTube video - check it out!  I found some stars I bought a while ago - they are nestaboard by spellbinders.  I painted them with pearl and copper dabbers.


Then I used the pearl paint to add more stars with the Tim Holtz star stamp (from bitty grunge set), outlining all the stars with a black pitt pen


Added some random patches of mirobeads,  a sentiment stamped with mini alpha stamps, and added some bling

Hope you have a chance to join in the fun this week.  As always you'll have a chance to win a $50 shopping spree from Simon Says Stamp!


If you do take a moment to wish upon a star.... I hope all your wishes come true! Have a great week!

~ ellen


6 comments:

Candy C said...

Ellen, I love your 6x6 canvas! Love the colors and I love the added texture with the molding paste. I'll have to watch that video link. I also love all of the other little stars you added to the canvas...very cool accents. That sentiment looks very familiar...love it and it's PERFECT for your star piece. OH..and the microbeads...really cool! <3 Candy

Nancy Wethington said...

Your canvas is wonderful! Beautiful colors and love your use of modeling paste to get more dimension.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Love the texture on this piece Ellen and great blending of colours. Lovely. Tracy x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

What a sweet creation, Ellen! I was thinking this would just be lovely in a child's nursery... I love all the texture to this piece :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Gillian .... said...

Hi Ellen ... oh yum the texture to this canvas is amazing, I love the colours you chose to work with, everything is just PERFECT ... love love love it:) xx

Hels Sheridan said...

Laaa la laaa laaaa laaa laaa laaaaaaaaahhhh... sorry, I was singing then rofl I love that song... but I do love this piece too... the texure bumps look fab beneath those stars... too cute! x