Sunday, December 4, 2011

Back on track... tag 4!

Back on track.... hahaha.... after a train trip... hee!

Much as we had a fabulous time on our train trip (see earlier post below)... I was excited to get home and get caught up on Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas!  After catching up with Mario on FB and Twitter, I'd say we are all awfully fortunate... not even a snow storm and lack of internet can stop Tim and Mario... thanks to both of them for being so dedicated!

Here's my 4th tag... loved this one!!! (of course I did... I love them ALL!)

I used slightly different colors on my tag background, because I already had one done, just waiting to be finished!  On mine, I used pine needles and picket fence stains... because as I learned from the amazing Hels Sheridan... it makes the most lovey sea-foamey blue-green! Beautiful!  And the darker background gives a little more contrast for the snowman, which I like...


The only other substitution I made was with the flourish stamp used for ghost-stamping (which I also learned from Hels just a week or so ago!  She's so smart..)  I followed along with the rest of Tim's suggestions pretty much to the tee on this one...I figure why mess with a good thing if you have the stash to do it.... :)


And here's a close up of old Frosty... great technique with the distress stains over rock candy crackle - lots of options there!


Ok - the plan worked!  I'm all up to date, which means I have a clean slate to keep up during the work week, which is always more difficult... darn day job.... always getting in the way of good art! LOL!  (aaaahhhhh... but it allows me to *afford* the stash I need.... so I guess I better keep at it....)

Have a great week - I'll be back on Monday evening with Tag 5... and don't forget to pop in tomorrow morning for this week's Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!  Great theme this week, and lots of *amazing* projects from the Design Team!  You won't be disappointed!

~ ellen

3 comments:

Helen said...

Wow, that really ROCKS!

Hels Sheridan said...

I don't like this.....


I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Mwhahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa
Can't wait to see what the new challenge is... might get time to join in with it this week lol

Glad you liked the Pine Needles/Picket Fence colour... tis one of my FAVEs...and I hardly ever use the Pine Needles pad.. the Stain.. .mix with white... perfection!!!

Hugs Hun xx

Gabrielle said...

Fab-u-lous! The background is to die for and that Hels IS a clever bunny! Love how your crackle seems to have behaved for you - mine's a mess - thank goodness the Stains covered most of it up!!!