Thursday, December 8, 2011

Have a Very (Steampunk) Christmas? - Tag #8

Hello again!

Another STUNNER from Tim! Today's tag from Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas is definitely my favorite so far... It's not a traditional Christmas theme or style, but there are lots of layers and components and I just think it's *stunning*!  Off we go... here's my tag...


I followed along really closely with Tim's style and instructions on this one... as my stash permitted.   Used same inks and stamps on the background.


No changes or substitutions on the gear section - LOVE that there are FIVE layers to this element! Awesome.... and that mini bow... I never think to make a bow but it's the perfect addition.


On the steampunk men, I had to make a few changes... I didn't have #25 in my plaquette stash, and really no other number would do, so I substituted some metal foliage/flowers painted with red pepper and juniper paint dabbers.  Then there were those teeny tiny itsy bitsy holly leaves that Tim cut out for each of the top hats... I tried... really.... more than once... too tiny... didn't work for me... so xmas red stickles across the brims of their hats was the best I could do...


Decided to do some holly leaves after all, but used the mover and shaper die to cut these two (much larger) holly leaves out, painted with lettuce paint dabber, gave them a light dabbing of rock candy distress stickles, and added some more xmas red stickles for the holly berries.


Didn't have the mini labels Tim used, so made my own.  Stamped the "admit one" on the back of an Adage Ticket and used a very small paint brush to paint red pepper around the edges.  Not a bad impersonation...


One final look at this steam-punky-licious-ness... This is a style I'm not comfortable creating myself, but to see how Tim does it... love to copy it! 

Have a great night - see you tomorrow!  TGIF!

~ ellen.

7 comments:

Maggie said...

These have all been so incredible! I am clearly a rookie because I have very little of Tim's things and would have naked tags if I tried to play along. A girl can dream though.

Helen said...

Fantastic job recreating the tag.

Anonymous said...

how original

Helen said...

Fabulous, Ellen! I wish I'd thought of a foliage piece at the bottom of mine, it does need something (may have to go back and amend it, lol!) This was my fave so far...

Juls said...

wow this is stunning!! there are just so many fabulous details to look at!! I love the little lightbulb detail! Hugs Juls

Gabrielle said...

Not comfortable with the style? you did a brilliant imitation then! Love this lots! Will try and do mine over the weekend - trying to catch up is a nightmare if you miss one isn't it?!

Gio said...

it's gorgeous!! Love the tiny different details!