Friday, December 9, 2011

Peace and Light... Tag #9

Hello!

Back again, a little late tonight, with tag #9 from Tim Holtz' 12 Tags of Christmas.  Maybe it's because it's the end of the work week, but tonight's tag really gave me a fit!  It worked out in the end, but it took forever to move from one step to the next... I must be tired...  TGIF!  Here's my rendition...


Once again, had to make several substitutions today... of course I didn't have the background stamp that Tim used, since it's yet to be released by Hero Arts - but it's a beauty and I'll probably *need* to have it! So I decided to use Tim's flourishes embossing folder for the double embossing technique.  I used Colorbox Chalk in (soft green) to pre-ink the folder, then embossed the tag with the Vagabond, then used clear embossing powder per Tim's instructions.  Did use festive berries distress ink for the second round of inking and clear embossing, per Tim.


Die cut the candlestick and embellished same as Tim, but had to substitute for the festive greenery again.  Used the autumn gatherings die, mini flourish mover & shaper die, and some gold pinecones I cut off some floral picks.


Close up of the pinecones/greenery.  I tried and tried to get the lacey trim into the picture, but it just wasn't working for me tonight... so moved on without it.


And, finally, I didn't have the letters or the flourish for the words, so used alpha parts and a very old mini flourish from a grungeboard set I've had for... well... a very long time...

Oh, and if you look at the top picture, I added some detailing with a black pearl pen (Viva) across the top of the tag... it needed something to separate that blank space from the texture of the rest of the tag.  I love my pearl pens!

Love the rusted enamel technique, and I think I like it even better with some additional texture from the embossing folder.  Off to check out Mario's BTS and then head off to bed.  Busy day tomorrow - lunch and a visit with Mom, and then taking my nieces to see the new Twilight movie!  (OK... I'll be honest... I was in desperate search for fellow squealers/swooners, and Jack has *no* interest in these movies... so they (happily) agreed to come with me.... my treat of course.... I love being an Aunt!  :)

Have a great weekend!  I'll be back with tags 10 and 11 over the weekend at some point.  Til then...

~ ellen.

1 comment:

Helen said...

I know what you mean about today's tag, it gave me a bit of grief too - but it came out ok - as did yours - it's gorgeous! Have a good weekend.