Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Seventh Heaven....

Hello again!

I think I must be setting some sort of consecutive days of blogging record here.... but here I am again! Today I'm coming to you from a much different perspective... the last two tags I wasn't gung-ho about at the beginning, but challenged myself to make it my own and in the end I loved the results.... however...

Today, I woke up and saw Tim's Tag #7 and LOVED IT!!!  In my mind today's tag is the most quintessentially "Tim" (like I'm some expert... NOT... but for me.... this is the style that drew me to Tim's products from the beginning)... and here's my version...


I stayed almost completely with Tim's instructions this time... from the distress stain background, stamps used, kraft glassine with alcohol ink, and embossed greeting...



Where I ran into trouble was with the bunched up lace... didn't have anything but lace trim... I tried and tried to make it look right, but it just didn't work for me... So instead of forcing the issue, I decided to add a mini rosette to the bottom corner of the tag.  I like the way it turned out, and give some balance with the black rosette center to the black greeting at the top.


 Thanks for stopping by!  I'm determined to keep doing these each day and I'm having so much fun doing it!  See you tomorrow!

~ ellen.

6 comments:

Ms_Dee said...

And you are doing a superb job with each.......I am now a follower....and will check back to see whats in store..i know they'll be fab.....I am having a blast ...not only doing these tags...But going to other blogs and checking out their work.....Thanks so much for sharing

Adventures in Arts and Crafts said...

I really enjoy your blog and your work....just as soon as my instructions are done printing I'm ended upstairs to try my hand at the last 3 days....but I am ADDICTED to this. What fun. My husband and my co-worker (a signficantly younger guy) are now wondering right along with me - what does today's tag look like! You did a beautiful job with this one.

Helen said...

It looks fab, Ellen - love that personal touch you gave it... bring on day 8!

Juls said...

just gorgeous! Loving the bead detail! Hugs Juls

Gabrielle said...

Fabulous version Ellen! The rosette looks perfect there - I think I repeat this tag I'll do a rosette on mine - it really balances the tag well. Hugs x

Candy C said...

Ellen...your Tim tag is beautiful! Don't you LOVE that Glassine Paper technique with the alcohol inks? :) <3 Candy