Monday, January 23, 2012

Simon Says Stamp and Show - A Song Title

Hi everyone,

This week's theme on the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge is to do a project based on a song title.  I chose the song "Imagine" by John Lennon. 

I started by taking the compass page from Tim Holtz' kraft resist paper and covered it with aged mahogany distress stain.




Then I cut some of Tim's gadget gears out of grungeboard and gave them a coat of crackle paint in vintage photo, pewter, and black soot, added some idea-ology game spinners, sprocket gears.


added some measuring tape and film strip ribbon to the top, and a keyhole, and finally stamped the "imagination" stamp on to a journaling ticket and attached it with a memo pin.


Hope you enjoyed my project this week - remember, as always you'll have a chance to win a $50 shopping spree to Simon Says Stamp if you join in this week's challenge! 

Hope you have time to get crafty this week!

~ ellen

13 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

Absolutely TOTES...STUNNINGYLICIOUS... one of my fave songs from my fave musician... you have done him proud with this gorgeousness... and I lurve how the Kraft Resist compass is perfectly fitting on the tag... thanks for the inspirations Ellen... hope you have a goodly week! Hugs hunny xxx

Candy C said...

Ellen...your Imagine piece is so striking! I LOVE the background. That Aged Mahogany Distress Ink looks AMAZING on the kraft resist paper! Love how you emphasized the compass design with the gears! Beautiful tag! <3 Candy

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Hi Ellen, I too love the aged mahogany on the Kraft resist, very striking in the background and the gears are a perfect touch. Tracy x

Nancy Wethington said...

Ah, you chose one of my favorite songs in the entire universe! And you did the song proud. This tag is beautifully designed. Love the quote!

Marjie Kemper said...

Such a cool tag and one of the all time great songs. I am amazed how striking that section of the compass is with the aged mahogany over it. Gorgeous!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Love this steampunk look going in correlation with the 'Imagine' song and the 'wheels are turning' thought! The layering is fab!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

pooky said...

I have this song stuck in my head!!! I love this song....and your tag is stunning!

Kirsten Alicia said...

Wow, gorgeous!!

Anita Houston said...

I love how you put the film strip on top of the ribbon...crafty! This is a gorgeous tag, and so many elements. Love the background!

Sarah said...

Amazing tag Ellen - such crisp detail and vivid colour! How fab is that tape and strip!!! Totally...and a great song choice indeed. My WV below is 'porridog' - that's the funniest one this week!

Lori said...

Very cool Ellen! Love this tag!

Gillian .... said...

Hi Ellen, cracking colour combo, love love love it. Great song choice too, love this grungy-licious tag. xx

Kathi said...

This is truly fabulous. I love all the details.