Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Dream Come True

Hello!

Well, if you follow along on my blog, you know that yesterday I hinted at some very exciting news that I learned last weekend while taking classes with "Her Royal Gorgeousness" herself... Dyan Reaveley

I'm going to share few more Dylusional Valentine's tags while I tell the story....


I've been following Dyan's work for a couple of years now, and the minute I saw her art journals I just fell in love!  I'm not an art journaler (yet), but the complexity of her creations, bright colors, and funky images just won my heart.  Once her new Dylusions stamps came out last year, I was hooked! 


Just one more tag.... then the big news....


While taking a class this weekend, Dyan pulled me aside during a break and invited me to be a member of her Design Team! (***SQUEAL!!!***)  All I could do was give her a huge hug and say YES!  My heart is still racing just thinking about it!

I am so incredibly honored to have been asked (in person, no less) to join this amazingly talented team of designers.  There are really not words to describe how happy I am!   Huge thanks to Dyan for having faith in me and teaching me through her art and her classes that *everyone* is an artist... I am starting to believe it!

I'll be back soon with pix from our classes and more Dylusions Valentines.... it's gonna get crazy with dylusions around here until I calm down a bit... hope you're up for it!

~ ellen.

26 comments:

Gabrielle said...

Ooh! Huge, massive, but well deserved congratulations!

Helen said...

Excellent news!! And so well deserved, too. Get those pics posted, girl!! Your tags are fantastic, btw....

Sarah said...

Well the inky angels heard our prayers....a milliom heartfelt deserved jubilations! Go Ellen! Way to go girl...show 'em how it's done!

Hels Sheridan said...

Hunny, I am over the top excited for you... Dyan has just got herself a corker for her team... the way you rock her gorgeous stamps and inks, tis soooo well deserved!!!! Sending you a mahooosive sqweal wrapped up in a hug across the big old Pond.... love ya xxxx

Hels Sheridan said...

WhoopsyDaisy... forgot to say... FAB FAB FAB tags!!!!! xx

StampDancer said...

That is terrific, Ellen! and I love your tags!

Kaz said...

OOOOOOO Im doing a happy dance for you hun, so desreved and I am mega mega chuffed for you xxx Cannot wait to work with you xxx one more for the road......

SSSSSQQQQQQQUUUUUUEEEEEEAAAAAALLLLLLL!
love

kazx

Minxy said...

Aw BIG Congrats hun, well done you, so pleased for you x

Martha Richardson said...

This is one awesome bit of news...I love Dyan and her gorgeousness ART...CONGRATULATIONS!

Karenliz said...

WOW Thats is so wonderful. I'm so happy for you. Congratulations!

Candy C said...

Ellen!! I am sooooo happy for you!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is such fantastic news that you will be designing for Dyan!! WOW!! I am soooo happy for you!!! Your tags you've posted today are fantastic, too!!! WAY TO GO, GIRLFRIEND!!! <3 Candy

Leslie said...

Congratulations!!! I was in the class Sunday morning with you and really enjoyed it. Can't wait to see more of your Dyan inspired work.

Lisa said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you!

Lori said...

Wow! Congratulations Ellen! That is FANTASTIC! (although I am really not surprised!...lol) You'll be a fantastic addition!

Caz said...

Congratulations Ellen - that's brilliant news!
Love today's tags - can't wait to see what you come up with next!
Well done - how exciting!!!!
xxx

Kirsten Alicia said...

Congratulations Ellen, I am delighted for you.

Salamanda's Scrappy Adventures said...

Congratulations. Enjoy your time with all that bright inky funky stamps and the Dylusions team

rangerchick said...

Lovely tags! Congrats & well deserved "princess B"!!! Look forward to seeing you sometime soon!

Sara Jansen said...

Yippee Skippee!!! Congratulations! Since you and Hels are the ladies who turned me on to Dyan I think it is just PERFECT. Love your art, love your sensibilities...so excited to see what you come up with over the next days, weeks, etc., etc.!!

Artyjen said...

Well what fantastic news ;)
Have fun on your journey!
xoxo Sioux

Barbara Mason said...

Wowee!!! You go girl! Fantastic news love your art and you and Dyan will make great art come forth!!!

Gillian .... said...

Ellen this is the bestest news ever, you sooooooo deserve this, your Dylusions art work is amazing. Woo hoo way to go girl. xxx

suzieq23 said...

A SUPER BIG CONGRATS!!! You deserve it cause as I told you on Sunday at the canvas class, you are very creative and do wonderful projects. You told me to let you know i am here....so here I am congratulating you on this gigantic opportunity. sue

ellen vargo said...

Thanks to everybody for all the lovely good wishes & congrats! I appreciate each and every comment more than you know. I am so excited and so grateful for this opportunity!

Ellen :)

thekathrynwheel said...

Fantastic news:-)))

Marjie Kemper said...

Wooohooo!!! That's so EXCELLENT. I'm thrilled for you!