Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sharing the Dylusional Fun...

Hi everybody!

I did warn you that it was going to get mighty Dylusional around here... so let the fun begin!  Wanted to share some pix from my weekend of workshops with Dyan Reaveley at The Queens Ink.  I'll just take it from the beginning....

I arrived at the store on Friday afternoon, all ready to get started with the first class.  So many people signed up that they had to rent an entire "available for rent" store in the mill to hold the classes!  But before I got to the classroom, I had to make my way through the store first.... here's the Wall of Dylusions all stocked up with goodies - even the new stamps and stencils from CHA! Woohoooo!!!  Sorry for the slightly blurry pix - my hand wasn't very steady with the cell phone camera....


Then, before i could make it out of the store I came across the Dylusions Valentine's Tree!


The first class was an altered book class, so we spent the first evening doing all the prep work - lots of carving and gluing involved - very fun!  Then on Saturday we learned all sorts of techniques for folding and creating hidden pockets, series of graduated pages, and more...  plus inky/painty techniques as well... here's a few pix...


One of the pages we inked and stenciled for a good background for a future journal page.

 
Oh my... very inky fingers... fun, fun!  Even today, 3 days later, there are still traces of "bubblegum pink" Dylusions spray between my fingers!  That was a not-so-subtle hint that we got to use the new Dylusions Ink Sprays!  AND the new stencils!  All I can say is.... GORGEOUS!


And here's the book standing up with lots of pages inked, painted, folded.  I've still got a lot of playing to do in this book!

On Sunday, Dyan taught her famous large (24" x 24") canvas class, which regularly sells out at Art From the Heart, her store in the UK.  Here's the classroom, all set to get started!



And the gorgeous Dyan... putting the finishing touches on her "turban" for the day... 



I've seen so many of Dyan's students proudly holding up their finished canvases on her blog, and now here's mine!  I'm going to add some writing to finish it off... something about dreams coming true for obvious reasons.... (yes, still pinching myself...)


Then, sadly... Monday came... the last day of classes... here's a shot from the front - WOW - 48 students!  (that's a mirror at the back of the room - if you look you can see Dyan's reflection, teaching from the front).


You'll never believe this, but I don't have any pix of the third class because I left my project at the store!  What???  Thankfully, I knew just where I left it and it has been rescued by the lovely Janet.  As soon as I get it I promise to take some pix and share with you.

Big thanks to everyone at the Queens Ink, especially our beloved "Queen Patti" for hosting another totally amazing weekend with Dyan!  I'll never forget it!  And of course to Dyan herself, for her energy, her generosity, and her belief that *everyone* is an artist.  I will treasure the memory of this weekend forever!

Hope you have a great week!

~ ellen.

8 comments:

Helen said...

Love the canvas, and the book too - sounds like you all had a barrel of fun each day. Can't wait to see your Dylusional DT debut!!

Kirsten Alicia said...

Terrific post, thanks for sharing the fun. Your canvas & book are gorgeous.

Hels Sheridan said...

aw look at you ... you look so happy.. .which makes my heart happy. LOVE the canvas, tis spectacular! lotsa love xx

Kaz said...

Love your photos Ellen....you looks soooo happy! Gorgeous canvas too xx

love n hugs

kazx

Candy C said...

Wow Ellen! Now I am really PO'd that I had to miss Dyan's classes!!! :) They look fabulous!!! When she knows dates for a return...SIGN ME UP! In the meantime, I'll just have to learn from her NEWEST DESIGN TEAM MEMBER! Still sooo happy for you! Your pics are awesome and so are your creations! <3 Candy

Debby said...

First congrats on your being named to the Dylusions Design Team! Way to go! Love the pics you shared and yes you are an artist!! You are so lucky to have gotten to take a class with Dyan. I hope to be able to do that later this year.

Lori said...

That canvas is so AWESOME! The classes looked like a lot of fun, so glad you were able to experience that!

Marjie Kemper said...

Your canvas is killer! Love the bright colors and I'm still just grinning for you over your big news!