Monday, February 13, 2012

Simon Says Stamp and Show - Anything Goes!




Hello!

Back again for another week with Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenges - this week it's a free for all - *anything* goes!  So no excuses this week - no rules, just get your art on and have fun!

I know it won't come as a big surprise that I've done *another* Dylusions tag... but I will say - I made this about 3 weeks ago and had no earthly idea that I would be on the Dylusions Design Team now! 

It is still like a dream to see my name on Dyan's sidebar - makes me so happy!  Here we go...


I started with  #8 manila tag used a craft stick to spread three lines of paint across the top of the tag (I used Ranger paint dabbers in pool, raspberry and snow cap) and then scraped the paint down the length of the tag with a craft scraper - cool, huh?  (I'm seriously addicted to this technique - you never know what you're gonna get.)  Then I used the same paint dabber colors to stamp the dots and harlequin stamps from the Dylusions Basic Backgrounds set to add another layer of texture/interest.  


I stamped some additional images from Dylusions (Traveling Travis, Bags of Bunting,  and Pondering Petunia) on white card stock and painted in with watered down paint dabber colors.  I love mixing and matching heads with different body parts and legs.  Here the bunting was used as the body/dress.


Finally - added the spider and web from the Bits and Bats set with jet black archival ink, and the sentiment is from the Quintessential Quotes set.  Did some hand-drawn stitching with a black pitt pen.

Hope you have time to join in the fun this week - do anything that inspires you!  And as always you'll have a chance of winning a $50 shopping spree from Simon Says Stamp


Have a great week!

~ ellen.

16 comments:

Helen said...

Gorgeous Ellen!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Love how you mix and match the heads with different body ideas and a great co,our combination too. Great layers of interest. Huge congratulations on your DT. ENJOY. Tracy x

Nancy Wethington said...

This is so adorable. Bright and whimsical!

Candy C said...

Ellen...I LOVE your tag! Your Dylusional techniques and tips are so awesome. I love that you used paint dabbers on your piece! They work fantastic! I love how you mix and match images from different sets! Seeing this project and your past Dylusional projects is evidence that Dyan made a perfect choice when she asked YOU to be on her Design Team! <3 Candy

Fuchsia said...

Great tag !

Debby said...

Gorgeous tag! Thanks for sharing your technique! May have to try that later on after work! Love the Dylusions line!!

Lori said...

Cool tag Ellen! Those stamps are growing on me! LOL!

Sarah said...

You've done it again - made something so wonderfully colourful, fun and creative I want to rush out and by shares in Dylusions. You are a fabuloso asset to Dyan's DT as well as SSS&S - onwards and upwards my dear!

Kirsten Alicia said...

Fab tag!

Anita Houston said...

I so have to get me some of these stamps!!! This is so cool and fun! I love all the bright pow colors!!!

Marjie Kemper said...

Gorgeous colors and oh how I love the flipping of parts for the bodies. The bunting is fab!

Dylan said...

woop woop gorgeous x

Kaz said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!! Im late looking this week but so glad I popped on by to see this gorgeouness!
tis Faberoonie!

Kaz x x x

Gillian .... said...

Another cool Dylusional project, great use of the stamps, love it Ellen. xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Cool tag, Ellen! I really love the sentiment and the colors are beautiful!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

thekathrynwheel said...

Gorgeous tag and great technique!