Monday, February 27, 2012

Simon Says Stamp and Show - Ideaology!

Hi everyone!

This week's theme on Simon Says Stamp and Show is to show off your idea-ology!  I've never needed much of an arm-twist to use idea-ology, and this was no exception.  


I started with a 6x6 canvas this week, creating a background with distress stains (aged mahogany, crushed olive and picket fence).


I've been lucky to get some of Tim's new stamps, and the mixed media set is to DIE for - such awesome possibilities for random texture.


I've always had a fondness for old things, whether it's an old sewing cabinet drawer or antique skeleton key, so the sentiment from Tim's Words for Thought set was perfect.  I stamped different words in different colors to match the background and give emphasis to the key words. 


Now comes the idea-ology!  I added pen nibs, link chain, the bird adornment, the birdcage, and metal corners.

Hope you enjoyed this week's project.  As always - I hope you have a chance to play with some idea-ology this week and join in our challenge.  You'll have a chance to win a $50 shopping spree from Simon Says Stamp!


Have a great week!

~ ellen.

9 comments:

Helen said...

Wow, what a great canvas. Love the use of different colours on your sentiment to match the background, and of course your idea-ology!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Love your canvas Ellen, fabulous colours together and the text is a wonderful addition along with the fabulous Idea-ology elements, especially that little bird cage. Enjoy your week. Tracy x x

Candy C said...

Ellen, your canvas is just awesome! I love the colors on the background followed by that wonderful texture and stamping! You lucky dog...you have Tim's new Words for Thought Stamp! I can't get it yet...darn it! You did it proud! I love the way you emphasized certain words merely by stamping in a different color or using the label tape. Great Ideaology pieces used on this canvas as well!!! Beautiful job...as always! <3 Candy

Marjie Kemper said...

Gorgeous colors! Love the way you've done the sentiment with different colors, and the caged words... very cool, Ellen!

Sarah said...

I love your chunky canvas and fresh colours all so beautifully blended. I really like what you've done with the words - they look fab with all the colour and different depths. What are you going to do with all these great makes??? My house is bursting... Thanks for calling by and leaving me some Bloggy Love...

Kaz said...

OOooo me likey....lots and lots!! totally gorgeous as always love how you used the word stamp.....faberooronie!

Donna Bowman said...

Love your canvas and how you put all the elements together! Great sentiment and colors too.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Stunning canvas, Ellen! I just love the colors and the sentiment is perfect!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Gillian .... said...

Hey Ellen, this chunky canvas is just gorgeous, love the combination of colour, texture from the stamping, fab layout all round. xx