Monday, February 20, 2012

Simon Says Stamp and Show... London, Paris or New York

Hello!

Last week's challenge was a record setter!  Over 365 entries!  Let's keep the creativity flowing - join in the fun again this week and put your hat in the ring for another $50 shopping spree from Simon Says Stamp!

So it's time for another challenge on the Simon Says Stamp and Show blog!  This week, it's time to pack your bags and head for London, Paris or New York.  I, for one, never pass up an opportunity for travel, so I took the opportunity to head "across the pond" to London.  Let's get started...


I started with a 4 x 4 shadow box frame I picked up at LB Crafts the last time I went to visit Hels, which was, coincidentally, exactly a year ago!  I painted all the edges and the inside of the frame with my black paint dabber to help the paper blend in when it was covered.


I used multi medium (matte) to cover the front and all 4 sides of the frame with paper from the Paddington paper stack by 7 Gypsies.  LOVE that paper stack - I'm a big fan of black and white, and these papers are gorgeous!  I sanded the edges with my sanding grip to give a worn look.


Then I found a square chipboard frame by Maya Road that fit the opening of the frame and painted it, again with the black paint dabber, and glued in a picture of me and Hels that was taken when we went to London for the day and stopped for lunch and a little shopping in Covent Garden.  It was a great day, but I can honestly say I don't ever remember being so *COLD* as we were that day!   Brrrr!


Then I added some London charms by Blue Moon to the front of the frame, and topped it off with a curio knob.  I love this little frame - it will always remind me of that special day with such a special friend.  Wish I could hop on a plane and pop 'round for a *coffee* and a good long 'crafty natter' (a chat while crafting for my US friends!).

Hope you have time to do some mental traveling this week and join in our challenge.  As always, Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 shopping spree to one lucky winner!  New stash is arriving daily from the new CHA releases - I keep checking to see what's new!






Have a great week - hope you join in!

~ ellen.


14 comments:

Helen said...

what a great frame, I love that paper too... have a great week.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely way to showcase a special day out. Love the frame and the paper is perfect as ate the embellishments. Tracy x

Nancy Wethington said...

Loving this Ellen, especially the frame in a frame. Brilliant idea!

Candy C said...

Ellen, your 4x4 frame from LB is wonderful! I love the black and white paper you've used from 7 Gypsies for this! It's PERFECT! Such a cute frame and a wonderful remembrance of your very special time in London with Hels! <3 Candy

betjunroe said...

Love your frame Ellen. The two of you look like you had so much fun and you could pass for sisters! Bette

Marjie Kemper said...

Love your frame, Ellen! What a fantastic holder for such a lovely photo.

Marlena M. said...

What a great token you've created here. I love the frame and worn edges of your piece. Also, thanks for the cute saying, "crafty natter", LOL. Good to know!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Adorable frame, Ellen, and what a lovely picture!! I love the distressing and the charms a perfect accent and pop of color!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Kirsten Alicia said...

I love this, it's a perfect souvenir of your & Hels' friendship.

AsAlwaysAngela said...

Love your shadow box! I really love dimensional works of art. I appreciate you stopping by to comment on my work... very encouraging!

AsAlwaysAngela said...

PS. I love your blog banner... had to Pin it of course!

Sarah said...

Really fabuloso...love the black and white and real metro city feel. The chunky deep look is brilliant - not to mention the dashing damsels inside! Two babes...

Gillian .... said...

FABULOSITY ... love love love the black/white papers with the gorgeous "British" inspired embellishments, and the two chicks in the centre ain't bad either:) xx

Hels Sheridan said...

awwwww... I miss you... simples!!! xxx
The frame is fabby and love the little embellies... I think you need to come back real soon so you can get another pic and make a set of the frames! x