Monday, February 6, 2012

Simon Says Stamp and Show - Torn Edges, Buttons and Distress Inks

Hi everyone!

This week's theme on the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge is to use a recipe of ingredients.... torn edges, buttons and distress inks.  Seeing as I'm in the middle of a whirlwind weekend of classes with THE Dyan Reaveley, I decided to go "Dylusional" again this week....


I started with a #8 manila tag and painted the background by scraping several different colors and layers of paint in random patches and used the mini circle stencil by Crafter's Workshop.   I stamped the circle border along the edge and added vintage buttons in the middle of each circle.  Each button was threaded with string and secured with a glue dot.

I stamped the skull, wings, legs and banners (bunting) on white card stock and colored in with distress inks in mustard seed, peeled paint and wild honey. Finished the stamped images off with some white and black pen accents.

I topped off the tag by stamping a Dylusions sentiment to the back of a torn journaling ticket by Tim Holtz.


Hope you have time to cook up a project using our recipe of ingredients this week.  As always you'll have a chance of winning a $50 shopping spree to Simon Says Stamp!


I had a FABulous weekend with Dyan - I'll be back soon with some awesome pix of our projects and.... some news that sent me straight to the heavens with excitement!  One more class to go today - a newspaper journal - I'm intrigued!

'Til next time...

~ ellen.

7 comments:

Helen said...

Great tag Ellen. Enjoy today's class - I can't wait to see the pics!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Love your Dylusional tag, great colour combination Nd I live the use of the black and white pens. Tracy x

Candy C said...

Ellen, your Dylusional tag is really cool. I love your character with the wings and the sentiment that ties it all together. Your buttons running down the left of the tag are really a nice touch! <3 Candy

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a cool tag and great inspiration.

Lori said...

Excellent, Ellen! You're becoming very good at Dylusional! lol!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Super cool, tag, Ellen! I love the bright colors and the button placement is awesome!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Gillian .... said...

Hi Ellen, super cool Dylusional tag, love that quote. x