Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Dylusions ATC Play

Hello!

As promised, I wanted to share some of the art I made over the weekend at "stamp camp".  It is so  wonderful to get away with no concerns other than to create.  There is such freedom in it.  No rules, no deadlines, no themes to meet.... just make whatever inspires you.  Love it.

I spent most of the weekend making tags and ATC's, so I thought I'd start out with the ATC's I worked on.  Lots of the ladies I go to camp with aren't familiar with many of the products I work with, so I spent some time just showing them how to make cool backgrounds.  So I had a lot of backgrounds to work with.  I cut down some of the tags and made them into ATC's... Here's the first set....


I created "twin" tag backgrounds with Dylusions ink sprays (bubblegum pink, bright orange, and sunshine yellow).  I spritzed the first tag with water, sprayed all the inks on top of the water so they would blend together, and then pressed another tag on top of it, creating "twin" tags.


Then I used some stencils by Julie Balzer (squircles and triangles on one, and the squircles and graduated circles on the other) and did some accenting of the stenciled patterns with my white gelly roll pen.   I stamped out the messages with a mini alphabet set and then framed in each ATC with some white pen loopy squiggles, outlined with my black PITT pen.


Here's the next set:


I was using jumbo sized tags for this background so I was able to get 4 ATC's from 2 tags.


I used the same technique to create the background, using pink, purple and blue ink sprays from Dyan Reaveley's U.K. Dylusions line (sadly, no longer available - I was lucky to get my hands on some before they disappeared!)

I spritzed red ink through the alpha jumble stencil (Dylusions), and purple ink through the number jumble stencil (also Dylusions), and then scraped some gesso through the harlequin stencil.  I love the contrast of the white gesso against the dark background.


I stamped some Dylusions sentiments on white card stock that I had very lightly misted with the same color ink sprays.  I'm not sure I'm in love with the look - I think I like the stark white better, but... had to try it - live and learn!


As with the first ATC set, I framed in each ATC with white loopy squiggles, outlined with black PITT pen - I really like this look and you may be seeing more of it!  I finished off each ATC with a few dots of stickles in random places.  I really love the way these turned out - they have beautiful backgrounds, but the main focus of each one is the sentiment. 

I'll be back to share more throughout the week - next I'll share some of the tags I made.

'Til next time...

~ ellen.

11 comments:

Martha Richardson said...

Love the idea of doing mirror images...need to try this ;)

Candy C said...

Really cool ATCs, Ellen. Love the backgrounds and all of the doodling you've done on them. <3 Candy

Candy C said...

Really cool ATCs, Ellen. Love the backgrounds and all of the doodling you've done on them. <3 Candy

Helen said...

Ellen, these are fantastic, just fabulous!!

Helen said...

Ellen, these are fantastic, just fabulous!!

Hels Sheridan said...

LOVE them but those squiggles... I ADORE... fabbylicious indeedily hunny... in fact, I would go as far as to say they are all... totes-amazeballs!!! xx

betjunroe said...

Love the ATC's Ellen--the colors are so vibrant! The spray on the white cardstock reminds me of confetti. Can't wait to see your tags! Bette

Marjie Kemper said...

Love em, Ellen! Gorgeous colors and oh, the layers... did I mention I love em???

Eloise said...

Wow! i love your ATC's. So colorful with great saings.

Sue said...

Here from Dyan's FB link.

What a wonderful idea to do these as ATC's. Now you can use them as ATC's or add them as pre-made accessories to a journal page. I see me CASE-ing this idea! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely ATC's, great inky backgrounds a d fab colour palettes. Love the doodling. Tracy x