Monday, April 16, 2012

Simon Says Stamp and Show... Anything Goes

Hello all,

I'm back again with this week's Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge.  This week is completely up to you - it's another Anything Goes week.  I kept things fairly simple this week.

I seem to be on a roll making tags lately... this week I created a background using Dylusions ink sprays (fresh lime and black marble) to create a marbled background. 


Black, white and green is my *favorite* color combo and I love how this turned out.  But be warned... you only need a TEENY TINY amount of the black spray, just a spritz).


Then I stamped the hearts border from the Inbetweenies set three times across the tag, and accented the images with a white gelly roll pen.


I wanted to say something that went with my heart theme, so I stamped out my sentiment using a mini alphabet set.  I like the balance of following your heart and dreams, but remembering to *lead* your life. 


I added a thin border around each piece of the sentiment and adhered to the tag using some foam tape for added dimension.  Finished off the tag with an idea-ology heart charm and wire pin.

Hope you have time to join in this week's challenge and have a chance at winning a $50 shopping spree from Simon Says Stamp.


Have a great week,

~ ellen.

21 comments:

Helen said...

I jost got my first few Dylusion sprays at the weekend and wow, are they fab or what.... Love your tag, the hearts are superb, and the sentiment is a great one. Dyan really rocks, and you rocked with these....

Kaz said...

Hi Ellen, what a great quote.......and so true, gorgeous as always, xxx

Kaz x

Nancy Wethington said...

Love the quote and the entire tag. Those hearts are wonderful!

Candy C said...

Ellen, I love your tag! It's awsome! Love the colors for the background and I love the stamping you've done using Dyan's stamps! The sentiment is great as well! <3 Candy

Debbie said...

Another brilliant tag from you Ellen.
I now have 9 of Dy's inks (so 3 to go!, but one of the missing one's is the black). Must get them soon.
I just love your colour combo and love the hearts.
Debbiexx

Heidi said...

Gorgeous. I really love the sentiment you came up with. It's my inspiration for the day! Thanks a ton!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely tag Ellen, I really love love the lime and you are so right it works beautifully with the black . Love the sentiment and your doodling too. Tracy x

catherine said...

This is such a brilliant tag and just love the colour. Love the heart stamped images as well
x catherine

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous stamping and sentiment, Ellen! I really love the little charm you added :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Dangina Martinez said...

Pretty tag! I want to try the Dylusions ink sprays.
Tons of Hugs, Dangina

Dylan said...

Mwah xx

vixen said...

Lovely Tag and love the quote :)

Marjie Kemper said...

Wonderful sentiment on top of that gorgeous tag! Love what you've done with the white on the hearts... beautiful!

Linda said...

Perfect in his simplicity! ( it's not easy to make a 'simple' card that also looks nice, in my experience.)

whyducks said...

Oh this is so lovely!

Gillian .... said...

Just FABULOUS Ellen, love the lime & black colour combo together like this. One of my fav stamps too, looks awesome. xx

isisimaginings said...

Gorgeous.

Hels Sheridan said...

lush, LOVE those colours together... so... I need that green then!! And... I have been saying for several yonks that I wanted a black spray... hurrah!! **wanders off to find it** xx

thekathrynwheel said...

Wonderful! I LOVE this colour combo :-)

Sandra Hall said...

Wow! The colours look amazing - must have a try with that combo :D Great quote too... x

Miranda said...

love your style Ellen, very inspiring
became a follower straight away
hugs
Miranda