abstract obsession

abstract obsession

Monday, April 30, 2012

Simon Says Stamp and Show... A Kaleidoscope of Color

Hi everyone!

This week's theme on Simon Says Stamp and Show is to show lots of color.  I'm continuing on my sketching journey and used Faber Castell gelatos and aquarelle colored pencils, as well as watercolor crayons, to color in my creations this week. 

So far, I've been showing just the "naked" sketches, without any extras.  But as promised, this week I wanted to show you how I've taken the sketches and made them into finished art, or "almost" finished art... All the sketches have been trimmed and matted onto black card stock, which reinforces the framing.  They can now be put into a frame or mounted as a card front.

As you probably know, I really like the look of hand-stamped sentiments, whether it's a word, or a quote.  It gives some meaning to the art work, whatever it is, and these sketches are no different.  I wanted the sketches to mean something... so here we go...

I found lots of quotes related to flowers or nature on-line.  Mostly I just chose the ones that would fit on each sketch, depending on how much space was available.   Not a lot more to say on these... so I'll just share the photos - Hope you enjoy!










Thanks for coming along on my sketching journey - later this week I'll share some more sketches that were done backwards to these... watercolor paints first, then pen work.  Love the way they came out - stop by later to check them out. 

If you have a chance to join in this week's challenge, you'll have a chance at winning a $50 shopping spree to Simon Says Stamp!  Hope you can break out all your colorful supplies and play along!


Have a great week!

~ ellen

9 comments:

Sue said...

Ellen the first card is stunning the rest are a step beyond stunning. Absolutely beautiful and the sentiments just finish each one off.

Helen said...

Ellen, they all look absolutely fabulous! I love the quotes you found too, they all fit wonderfully.

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Hi Ellen, know I don't comment much, but am absolutely loving these sketches of yours... looking forward to seeing the ones with watercolour :)
x

Hels Sheridan said...

GORGEOUSNESS indeedily Ellen, these are beyond stunning.... love them all but i have a fave... the one with the Magnolia blooms... beautiful! Hope you having a good week hun xx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous sketches Ellen, love your olour blending and the sentiments are just perfect. Tracy x

Candy C said...

Ellen...my gosh! Your sketching is AMAZING!!! I truly love each one and how you've colored them so beautifully. And your sentiments seem to fit each sketch so perfectly, too. Did you stamp or computer generate the sentiments? I'm wondering how you did that since they are quotes you found online. You could start a line of cards, my friend. :) <3 Candy

SusanK said...

Your sketching is phenomenal and your coloring is divine! They are just over the moon and I'd be framing each and every one!

Marjie Kemper said...

Seriously, Ellen, you're on a roll! I'm seeing a whole new stamp line.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous work with pencils, Ellen! The quotes and colors are gorgeous!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!