Monday, April 2, 2012

Simon Says Stamp and Show... Studio 490!

Hello!

I'm back again with another challenge project for Simon Says Stamp and Show!  This week it's all about showing off your Studio 490! Wendy Vecchi is one of my favorite artists and I absolutely *love* her art parts and stamps, as well as all her other products.  This week I did an Art Parts piece.


I started with the awesome new five panel art part frame, altered with paint dabbers.  Then I created a  distress stain background and added Studio 490 stamps and more art parts: gears, hands, flowers, queens and crowns, bird, some idea-ology and a hand-stamped sentiment hanging from the new screw eyes from Tim Holtz.

Sorry to keep my description so brief this week.... I just got home from an amazing creative weekend with my wacky art pals.... our semi annual *stamp camp*! It is always so wonderful to have a creative weekend with no responsibilities except to, as Wendy Vecchi herself would say, *MAKE ART* , but sleep is not the top priority and I am completely wiped out!  Here's some close ups of my project... enjoy!







 Hope you have time to join in this week's challenge and put your hat in the ring for a chance at winning a $50 shopping spree from Simon Says Stamp!


Hope you had a wonderful weekend, too... I had a very productive weekend so I'll be back later in the week to show you some of my creations - lots of tags and ATC's to share.

~ ellen.


11 comments:

Helen said...

Gorgeous as always, love the details. Hope you "recover" from your weekend away - sounds great!

Kaz said...

I totally love the this Ellen, love the colours too, in fact Its faberroooonie!

kazx

Hels Sheridan said...

GORGEOUS.... loving all those new things on there and the hands are perfect... glad you have had a wonderful weekend... hope this week treats you good too xx

Martha Richardson said...

This is FABULOUSO!!! Great colors and love all the details.

Candy C said...

Ellen, your Art Parts 5 panel frame is so cool! I love all of your dimensional work and how you've incorporated Tim's new faucet knob and tiny gears into this piece. Love your background, too! Love the hands all reaching upwards...towards that dream! <3 Candy

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous Elen, great vibrant background and I love the hand reaching for your dreams. Love how you have included the Art Parts combined with new ideaology. Tracy x

isisimaginings said...

Wow, simply stunning!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Wow!! Really cool project, Ellen! I just love the colors and concept, and the glossy sprockets ROCK! :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp

Marjie Kemper said...

Sorry, hon... where is that ***love** button?

Heidi said...

This is amazing! I love the layered shapes with the tap and the gears with other metal embellishments!

Shannon said...

That is an amazing piece of artwork that you made with Wendy's
artparts. It's stunning and I adore the bright colors used. Wow am I inspired now! Thank you.