Monday, April 9, 2012

Simon Says Stamp and Show... A Tim Holtz Technique

Hi everyone,

I hope you had a wonderful Easter celebration.  We had a lovely dinner with my family.  This week's challenge on Simon Says Stamp and Show is fun, fun, fun! Having just completed Tim Holtz' Creative Chemistry 101 on-line class, it was perfect timing.  Just pick one of Tim's techniques and make whatever you want! If you haven't had a chance to join this class, it's well worth the small fee, and you'll have lifetime access to Tim's videos and downloads. 

I created the base for this week's tag last weekend at my stamp camp, and finished it up yesterday for this week's theme.  I started by creating a marbled distress stain background.


Then I stamped the background from Tim's Papillon set with picket fence stain.  I added stamps from Tim's Haberdashery, and Little Labels sets for the background over the picket fence stain (notice how the white stamping bled through the jet black archival? that was a surprise!).



The sentiment is from the Stuff to Say set, which I stamped and then cut into pieces and adhered down the length of the tag.


I finished the tag up with some embellishments from Tim Holtz (philosophy tag, ruler ribbon, and a wire pin), 7 Gypsies (metal corner), and some vintage lace and buttons.

As ever, if you join in this week's challenge, you'll have a chance at winning a $50 shopping spree to Simon Says Stamp!  Hope you all have a wonderful week - I'll be back soon with more tags to share.


~ ellen.

4 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

**she says singingly** GORRRR-JUSSSSS... love the Picket Fence stampin...tooo cool! Sending you both a mahhooooooosive hug over the Pond from both of us XXXX

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

I too love the picket fence stamping, very effective and a lovely background. The stamping works perfectly with your background. Hope everything goes ok over the next few days. Tracy x

Heidi said...

Gorgeous Tag! I love the striking colours!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Oh, cool technique ...it came out fabulous and I love the embellies you chose :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!