Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Tale of Two Tags

Hello,

I promised last week to share the last set of "twin" tags I made at my stamp camp a few weeks ago, but life took over and I never got to it.  Hubby Jack had surgery last week so I had my nurse's hat on.  All went well, with a few bumps in the road, but he's on the mend.

This set of twin tags was started by creating backgrounds with Dylusions ink sprays (big surprise, right? LOL).  I used several colors - purple, blue, turquoise and pink - all from the original Dylusions U.K. line of inks, but the new Ranger colors would be equally gorgeous! 


Then I used stamps from Tim Holtz' Mixed Media set - the "bubble wrap" stamp with white paint dabber down the side of each tag, over-stamped with the stenciled numbers stamp from Tim's Little Labels set in jet black archival, and back to the Mixed Media set for the chicken wire stamp in Ranger's deep purple archival ink.


The sentiment from Tim's Stuff to Say set was stamped down the opposite side of each tag, and then stamped again on white card stock, cutting out specific words and gluing them over the image stamped directly on the tag to highlight them.


I added several silver charms (Blue Moon) and beads down the middle of each tag - I discovered the BEST glue... Gorilla Glue.  It comes in little tubes like crazy glue, and it sets even the heaviest embellishments in seconds! Love it!


To top things off, my good friend Donna gave me the *perfect* ribbon for these tags - the colors were a perfect match!

Hope you enjoyed the last of the twin tags.  I had such fun making them!

~ ellen.

13 comments:

Debbie said...

Hi Ellen.
Two beautiful tags, just love the colours, I must get me some purple inks as that seems to be the colour I don't have for some reason!!
I love the numbers down the side, and those amazing charms. Debbiexx

Helen said...

Hope your hubby is ok now. These are well worth waiting for, the colours are divine. I just gone my first (5) sprays and am having so much fun.

Candy C said...

Your twin tags look really cool, Ellen. I love the deep rich color backgrounds and the silver embellishments! I hope everything with the hubby is doing much better now. :) <3 Candy

Hels Sheridan said...

gorgeousness indeedily, LOVE those embellies... and how you did the honeycomb to go with the buzzybee's... big hugs for Jack... and for you Ms Nursey xx

isisimaginings said...

Oooh, stunning tags in my favourite colours. Hope your hubby continues to get better.

Sue said...

I have so loved the twin tags. The colours and designs are so beautiful and totally fab.

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Great tags..love the colors and created backgrounds!

greetings, Alie :-)

Marjie Kemper said...

Love your background but I think you already knew that... you sure do know how to work those sprays! And I love what you did with the words. Hope your hubby has a smooth recovery.

Lori said...

Cool tags Ellen! Love those colors!

catherine said...

these are just fantastic tags and just love the colours and embellishments.
x catherine

Denyse Hall said...

Wow love those tags Ellen. Great what you did with the text down the side too xxx Denyse :)

squiblet said...

I just discovered your blog (I came from Kate Crane's) and I love your work. Off now to look at older posts. Your work is very inspiring!!!

Sarah said...

Hi Ellen - hope you are both well over there - in mind body and soul....
Your sketching is fabulous and so wonderfully coloured too! (and the sneaky peeks of the next ones!) Well done on taking the plunge... I love Alisa's work and blog too (don't think I will be ever be looking that glam when baby arrives...)

I hope your new passion for sketching will give you lots of pleasure and enjoy the challenge!

Sarah.