Sunday, April 8, 2012

Twin Journaling Tags

Hello and Happy Easter to everyone!

Hope you're having a lovely day... it's going to be a beautiful one here on the East Coast.  I wanted to pop in and share a couple of tags I made last weekend.  As with some of the others I made, I started by creating a background using Dylusions ink sprays, pressing one tag on top of the other while the ink was still wet... creating "twin" tags. 

Much as I have tried, the art journaling bug has not bitten me... but I wanted to try out some of the new "Inbetweenies" stamps and how scary can a little tag be.... so I went for it...


I stamped the checkered stamp on the first tag, slightly twisting the stamp as I made my way down the tag to create different shapes to journal in, and then accented the open spaces with a white gelly roll pen (the best white pen, in my opinion).


On the second tag, I stamped the twisted ribbon stamp down the length of the tag, once again changing the orientation of each stamp to create some interesting shapes, and accenting with white pen.


I used black PITT pens for all the journaling.  Trying out some different lettering styles on each tag.  It's fun to try different styles, all caps on one tag, and all lower case on the other.  Would also be fun to mix & match.

Hope you enjoyed my journaling tags... maybe the journaling bug will bite me eventually.  Time will tell... I'll keep exploring and see what happens!

Have a wonderful day!

~ ellen.

9 comments:

Kirsten Alicia said...

Terrific tags, I love the background colours.

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous tags Els.... Loving those zingy colours and the words are perfect... Happy Easter hunny xxx

Sue said...

I am absolutely loving the twin tags Ellen. I dont often work in them colours, but might have to a wee go now I have seen how well they mix.

Would love to AJ but way too scary for me really, maybe one day.

Jan said...

I love your tags Ellen. The background colours are beautiful and I'm inspired by your journalling..... something that I'm determined to get in to but am teetering on the edge trying to pluck up courage to jump in!

betjunroe said...

Happy Easter to you too. Love the colorful tags. Now I'm a fan of the ribbon and checkered stamps--so the wish list gets longer and longer! Bette

Anita Houston said...

I feel exactly the same way! I love the look of it though so I will be a copy cat and make a tag too....hope thats ok! These are so cool and I love your handwriting for the journaling! So cool Ellen!

Helen said...

Gorgeous tags! Though I have recently started "journalling" it's not really as I don't write stuff, but I do love playing in a book with ink and paint and stuff - start that way and maybe I'll "journal" properly too one day!!

Kaz said...

Totally LOVE!! colour is brilliant and love the words you chose xx
kaz x

Michelle Webb said...

I have yet to create with friends, as all my friends are not arty. I really wish they were though. I feel alone in my arty world, apart from when I'm blog hopping. I love your tags, the colours and the journaling is really cool. Michelle x