Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Sketchbooks

Hi all,

Sorry it's been a while since my last post - I've been a bit under the weather.  I've had quite a bit of couch time and was able to do some sketching...

These first two were done in my pocket size sketch book (approx. 3 x 5) on watercolor paper with Tim Holtz' distress markers first, and black sharpie added after... shadows were done with pumice stone distress marker.



The next two were also done in pocket sketchbook on watercolor paper, with watercolor paint first, and black pen added after...



Next up are some sketches done in my 5x7 sketchbook on multimedia paper.  Watercolor paints first, then pen work...


My first NON-flower sketch... wavy overlapping lines in pen, then filled in with watercolor paint.  Was practicing getting graduated tones of same color.


Hope you enjoyed... be back soon with more "couch" projects...

~ ellen.

6 comments:

Susan Hyson said...

More beautiful work from a very talented artist!

Sue said...

Ellen hope you are feeling better soon. Loving your couch work, just so delicate detailed work.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous Ellen, your sketches are wonderful as is your colouring. Hope you feel better soon. Tracy x

betjunroe said...

So sorry to hear that you have not been feeling well Ellen. I hope and pray that this will soon pass. Love the soft colors on your sketches. Maybe I'll have to give this a try sometime. Bette

Marjie Kemper said...

I'm so glad you are able to have a creative outlet while on the mend.... what a wonderful thing that you've started sketching! These are each very lovely.

Helen said...

ooh, thought I'd commented on this yesterday! Love the sketches and the final page is just gorgeous!