Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Watercolor Flowers

Hello!

As promised, I wanted to share some more of my watercolor flower sketches.  These sketches came at the end of a lot of experimentation, and I'm quite pleased with them.  Hope you enjoy.

This trio of sketches was done with watercolor paints and a pigma pen.  I painted the watercolors first, starting with the lighter tone and then adding the darker accents on top, leaving some white space for highlights and accents. 


Here's a few close ups...



And here's a few more of the same type of flower, done in the same way, but with a few extras... a blue background on one, and some grasses and leaves on the other.




And here is my favorite of all my sketches so far.  It's the same type of flower, but on a large piece of watercolor paper (approx 6" x 12"), multiple flowers, different colors, different sizes, heights, etc.


And some close ups...





I'll be continuing on my sketching journey and will keep sharing when there is more to share.   Eventually I'll have to sketch something other than flowers, but for now... I'm really having fun with them!  May continue on this path but try different mediums... we'll see! 

Until next time.... I'll say it again... if you think you can't draw... TRY... you may be surprised!  I certainly was, and I was a long-time nay-sayer.  Just go for it!

~ ellen.

6 comments:

Melanie said...

You make such pretty watercolor flowers. I love to look at them.
Love, Melanie

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Just adoring your flower sketches :)) makes me want to get out my pens and pencils and have a go
x

Helen said...

No, I really CAN'T draw! I love your flowers, wonder what you'll tackle next...

betjunroe said...

Awesome job on all the flowers Ellen! I especially love the one with multiple flowers. I could see that as designer paper. Just sayin'. Bette

Candy C said...

Wow, Ellen! Beautiful work, girlfriend! Your watercolor flowers are amazing! I've been watching this sketch thing you've been doing....it's evolving so beautifully!!! I think you're a "Pro" now. :) <3 Candy

Anna-Karin said...

These are so pretty! Lovely work. TFS!