Friday, June 8, 2012

1036 + 490 + BB = ?

Hello!

OK is that the weirdest post title or what?  Being the math nerd I am, this was the easiest way to represent the combination of my hand carved stamps {1036}, with Wendy Vecchi's Studio {490} stamps, with Wendy's Blossom Bucket {BB} embellishments. 

I started with an 8 x 8 wood shadow frame and painted the whole thing with a coat of white gesso.  Then I thought it would be cool to accent the "shadow" part of the shadow frame, so I painted the inside edge of the frame with a coat of black gesso.


In my efforts to clean up the lines between black and white I created this gray mess in the middle so I just went with it and made it even messier, and I love it!


I stamped some of my hand carved border stamps around the outside of the frame, and used the top of my triangle stamp in the corners. I like the way it draws the eye to the center. 


On the inside of the frame, I stamped the Studio 490 script stamp randomly using black paint dabber.  The center has a Tim Holtz fragment (stamped one of my stamps on white card stock and glued the fragment to the top using glossy accents).  I added a Blossom Bucket red heart to the fragment.  I love the black and white with just one pop of red. 


The heart is surrounded by vintage keys. I like the message in my mind... you can interpret for yourselves.

Thanks for stopping by.

~ ellen.


11 comments:

artbyvic said...

Wonderful combo!

mark gould said...

hi, great job on the shadow frame, I love the hand made stamps, makes me want to give it a go. all the best, mark

isisimaginings said...

BEAUTIFUL!!

Helen said...

Love it! I wish I could find a load of old keys! Your hand carved stamps just look better and better.

Sarah said...

I was just thinking of you (and missing you and your inkiness and colours) and there you are! The grey turned out just great and is perfect with the funky monochrome frame...It all has an urban African love like feel! Glad you found a little arty you time. xx me

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful, Ellen!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Michelle Webb said...

What a lovely happy accident, and indeed it worked out very well. What a marvellous piece of art. Michelle x

pooky said...

Black, white and a touch of red is so very cool! Love your shadow frame:)
♥Bev

Linda Cain said...

LOVE it! One of my favorite color combinations!

~Linda

Lori said...

Love it! That is an awesome color combo!