Thursday, June 21, 2012

10:36 Stamps + Sticky Back Canvas

Hello!

I've been playing with my hand carved stamps again, and this time tried them out on some sticky back canvas.  I stamped a whole 12 x 12 sheet of canvas with my stamps, using black paint dabber for the stamping, and then painted in some accents using Sharpie paint pens and some Claudine Hellmuth brown paint, watered down for a wash.  I used another sheet of 12 x 12 canvas as the backing, carefully placing sticky sides together.  Then I broke out my sewing machine and made a simple pouch with a snap closure.  Here's the results:

 

The snap closure.  This is fine for this first effort, but I can see this being much more functional with a zipper closure.  I may need to take sewing lessons!


And here's the back...



Having a lot of fun playing - will be back with a few tags to share, but they need to make their way to Colorado first - there's some birthday girls in the family who need to receive them first... :)

Be well 'til next time....

~ ellen.

10 comments:

Helen said...

that is so pretty! Have a great day...

Lourdes said...

What a GREAT idea!!!!... I love your bag and I see everything perfect regarding to this project!...I don't see the need of sewing classes!... IT'S PERFECT!....

Regards from Italy

Susan said...

This is awesome! I bet it's very sturdy with two layers of canvas. Love your stamps.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Hi Ellen, hope you are ok. Love your creative piece from canvas and your stamps are fabulous. Tracy x

suzieq23 said...

really love the bag and your homemade stamps. the bag looks perfect and dont think it needs a zipper. you could always use some velcro on the inside flap. sue

heard you were under the weather from lolly. feeling better?

Marjie Kemper said...

Fab, Ellen! Love your bold colors.

Caz said...

Very nice!!!!!.....is this why Hels has asked me to give her a lesson on using her sewing machine perhaps.....
;-)
Hugs
Caz
xx

Bast said...

That is just gorgeous! Love your quirky stamp designs and those colors are just perfect! You could prolly make and sell a ton of them! What a great gift idea. TFS :)

KimMJ
bast830@comcast.net

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
bedroom paint ideas said...

Hey,
I am extremely thankful to find out these kinds of fantastic information becoming discussed openly online. Appreciate you for sharing these kinds of wonderful ideas.