Thursday, June 7, 2012

D-"elle"-usions?

Hello!

I've been having fun playing with my new hand-carved stamps (click HERE for details) and thought I'd try them out with some Dylusions stamps and sprays.  So... D-yl-usions becomes D-"elle"-usions.... (corny, I know...) I started with the tag backgrounds I created last week.


Then I added some Dylusions ink sprays over the backgrounds for some color, collaged some stamped images over top, added accents with Sharpie white paint pen, and some foam tape for dimension.   Here's the results...

I love the image of this cat combined with this sentiment - he looks a little lonely like he just got home from a party where he had his heart broken or something.. I don't know... maybe I'm crazy.  


Here's a side view showing the dimension of the buildings and the cat.


This next one doesn't tell quite as strong a story for me, but I like the contrast between the bright colorful background and the black and white images.  The planter pot under the tree is the roof from one of the buildings turned upside down.



And here's the last one.  Again, I like the contrast, and the eyes lined up in a row, inside the frames but hanging off the edge.



Hope you enjoyed... I had fun mixing my stamps with Dyan's and will be trying other combinations for sure.  I'll be back soon with another mix-n-match project. 

~ ellen.

9 comments:

Sue said...

Ellen you're a clever lady. They are just stunning.

SusanK said...

Great hand-carved stamps! I combined the cat and that sentiment, too. Like seeing non-Dyan stuff withe the sprays and stencils. Cool!

Lori said...

Wow, brilliant work Ellen! Love how you incorporated both together!

Helen said...

Do I like? Not 'arf!! Got to get the rest of the spray colours, I can see I am far too limited with only 5!!!

Debby said...

Love the one with the cat; it sums up how I feel today.

Marjie Kemper said...

So many fun things, but the roof up'ended as flower pot is my fave!

Bast said...

What a beautiful combo! They were made for each other!

I may not carve anytime soon by this gives me the idea of trying to zentangle a background for the Dylysions...

KimMJ

Weasel said...

Ellen these are just great - and you actually made me get up off my butt and go make art with my Dylusions sprays today - thank you so much for the inspiration!

Wanda H said...

These are fabulous!!!!