Wednesday, June 13, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HELS!

Hello!

Today's blog post is dedicated to my British BFF.... Hels Sheridan!


My dear Hels... we met thanks to THE Wendy Vecchi... we decided to do an art swap... and the rest is history.  Once we started emailing we NEVER stopped!  I've saved most of the emails we've exchanged over the last 2+ years, and as of right now, I've got over A THOUSAND emails from you!  WOW!

There are some people you meet in life that you just KNOW will be around forever, and you're one of them!  We just clicked immediately and "got" each other.  We're both a little "bat shit crazy" and LOVE to laugh and be silly!


We were SO lucky in the first year we knew each other... we got to see each other FOUR times in person.  FOUR!  I came to England for the first time in November 2010....


And then I couldn't stand it and came back again in Feb 2011.... and we met Graham at St. Pancras so he could ride "home" with us...


Then you came to Ranger U in May 2011 and came to stay a week with me and Jack...


And finally... you came back again in October 2011 and we got to take classes with the person without whom we never would've met!  THE Wendy Vecchi!


I wish we could see each other more often... but for now the memories will have to suffice...

From my visits to see you:

* Our first visit to the back garden when we got to your house.... (you needed a post to hang on to!) - no photo could do this amount of laughter justice.... ROFL!

* Walking through London in the "CHUFFING NORAH" freezing wind and snow to have tea with Liz...


* Getting separated on the platform at St. Pancras


* Lunch at my FAV place... Bedford Arms... mmmmm... bacon and brie.... cheesy chips....


* "My" desk in the Room of Stash


* Shopping trips to LB Crafts in Olney


* "English Chinese", "Lucky B", Chicken Curry, my first sausage roll... and oooooh... vanilla slice!  Because food eaten in a foreign country has NO calories... right?  And if eaten while crafting, the calories actually go negative! 

* Crafting and giggling into the wee hours


And from your visits to see me:

* Cheetos curtains

* Shopping at Queens Ink and Michael's


* Antique shopping and sightseeing on the Chesapeake Bay


* Ram's Head with Wendy and Patti


* Did I mention CHEETOS???  As in... Cheesy CHESTER Cheetos?


* Dinner at Applebee's with all the Ranger U girls


* Joe sleeping in your hair and trying to climb into your suitcase to come home with you


There really is no gift greater than the gift of friendship, but I can't let it go at that... Your gift is ready and waiting for you at....


A little elf named Wendy (Gale) conspired in secrecy with me.... call her or go see her.... I know you'll like it!  Plus, be on the lookout for a package in the next couple of weeks... I've got some "little nothings" in the post for you, too.

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my dear friend!  I hope it's a great one, hon....wish I could celebrate with you in person...


Love you bunches!

Els xxx

P.S. - Please be sure to pop over to Hels' blog and wish her the happiest birthday ever!

14 comments:

Sarah said...

How wonderful Ellen - such a fabulous post and gift - count love, not distance....

Terry said...

What a fabulous post about your dear friend Hels, I am hoping that you girl will have the everlasting friendship and that you will again lots and lots of times. Hugs Terry xxxx

Helen said...

What a great post! my card to her is in the post...

Hels Sheridan said...

That's it... I cried with laughter (thank GOD you didn't mention why I needed that post) and now I am crying proper tears cos I am so overwhelmed by this post Ellen.... WOW... thank you SO much... this is the best birthday pressie, wish you were here to celebrate it with me hun. THANK YOU... again... so much... love ya xxx

betjunroe said...

What a wonderful tribute to your friend Ellen! Everyone should have such a special relationship as you two have. I'm also thankful to Wendy for leading me to your site and from yours to Hels' blog. I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing all the beautiful and inspirational art that you have created. Hope you have a happy day and that you will soon be seeing your friend Hels again. Bette

Gabrielle said...

Hahaha! Loved the tribute to Hels! I bet she ran straight to the shop to see what her pressie is! Oh, to have great friends like you!!!

Kaz said...

Awww what a gorgeous friendship.....thanks for sharing your special memories....Im sure there is many more memories to come xxx

big hugs xx

Kaz x x

wendy vecchi said...

Aw...what SWEET memories!!!
It's amazing how art can turn strangers into THE best friends!

NICE post Ms Ellen...

CHEERS Hels...

Wishing you THE best birthday ever!

whyducks said...

What a lovely post for a special Birthday girl.

Andrea said...

Ellen thats a great birthday post for hels and that pressie you got her was not buzzing was it LOL she is one of lifes best and I to am glad I found her like you did, what a good friend you are x

Caz said...

I know why she needed the post!!!!! But I can keep a secret!!! ;->
What a beautiful tribute from one fantastic friend to another!
If she's waiting till Saturday's workshop to collect her pressie from Wendy's, I'll try and make sure we get a photo for you. :-)
Hugs
Caz
xx

Rita said...

I'm sitting here in tears Ellen after reading your post. True Friendship is a Miracle. I'm a member of the Hel's Club and although I stay in Scotland I hope o meet up with her in September. Take Care. Hugs Rita xx

Candy C said...

Awww...what a GREAT post, Ellen! It's like walking down memory lane with you guys! :) Loved all the pictures and stories. Thanks for sharing your bond with Hels with the rest of us! <3 Candy

isisimaginings.com said...

Awww, such a wonderful blog post, made me all teary-eyed. :)