Today's blog post is dedicated to my British BFF.... Hels Sheridan!
My dear Hels... we met thanks to THE Wendy Vecchi... we decided to do an art swap... and the rest is history. Once we started emailing we NEVER stopped! I've saved most of the emails we've exchanged over the last 2+ years, and as of right now, I've got over A THOUSAND emails from you! WOW!
There are some people you meet in life that you just KNOW will be around forever, and you're one of them! We just clicked immediately and "got" each other. We're both a little "bat shit crazy" and LOVE to laugh and be silly!
We were SO lucky in the first year we knew each other... we got to see each other FOUR times in person. FOUR! I came to England for the first time in November 2010....
And then I couldn't stand it and came back again in Feb 2011.... and we met Graham at St. Pancras so he could ride "home" with us...
Then you came to Ranger U in May 2011 and came to stay a week with me and Jack...
And finally... you came back again in October 2011 and we got to take classes with the person without whom we never would've met! THE Wendy Vecchi!
I wish we could see each other more often... but for now the memories will have to suffice...
From my visits to see you:
* Our first visit to the back garden when we got to your house.... (you needed a post to hang on to!) - no photo could do this amount of laughter justice.... ROFL!
* Walking through London in the "CHUFFING NORAH" freezing wind and snow to have tea with Liz...
* Getting separated on the platform at St. Pancras
* Lunch at my FAV place... Bedford Arms... mmmmm... bacon and brie.... cheesy chips....
* "My" desk in the Room of Stash
* Shopping trips to LB Crafts in Olney
* "English Chinese", "Lucky B", Chicken Curry, my first sausage roll... and oooooh... vanilla slice! Because food eaten in a foreign country has NO calories... right? And if eaten while crafting, the calories actually go negative!
* Crafting and giggling into the wee hours
And from your visits to see me:
* Cheetos curtains
* Shopping at Queens Ink and Michael's
* Antique shopping and sightseeing on the Chesapeake Bay
* Ram's Head with Wendy and Patti
* Did I mention CHEETOS??? As in... Cheesy CHESTER Cheetos?
* Dinner at Applebee's with all the Ranger U girls
* Joe sleeping in your hair and trying to climb into your suitcase to come home with you
There really is no gift greater than the gift of friendship, but I can't let it go at that... Your gift is ready and waiting for you at....
A little elf named Wendy (Gale) conspired in secrecy with me.... call her or go see her.... I know you'll like it! Plus, be on the lookout for a package in the next couple of weeks... I've got some "little nothings" in the post for you, too.
HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my dear friend! I hope it's a great one, hon....wish I could celebrate with you in person...
Love you bunches!
P.S. - Please be sure to pop over to Hels' blog and wish her the happiest birthday ever!