I managed to find a window of time in the studio in the morning before the heat of the day took over and was able to work on my Dylusions tags. I had done the backgrounds with two jumbo tags, spritzing ink on one tag and then pressing the other over top to get its "twin". Rather than doing two separate tags, I decided to join them together into one GI-NORMOUS tag! Here's the result:
Fun, right? I joined the two tags together by running a seam of thick masking tape across the seam between the two (on the back, of course), trimming off the excess.
The backgrounds were done using the turquoise and fresh lime ink sprays. Then I added some stencils using london blue and cut grass inks with the number and alpha stencils. Scraped some gesso through the circles stencil, stamped a few diamonds with jet black archival and I was ready to start embellishing!
The borders were created by stamping one of the pennant (bunting) stamps repeatedly on one of my scraped paint page scraps, and then cut out each section and glued to the tag. Accented the dots with a white gelly roll pen, and outlined each section with a black sharpie.
I kept the face stamp pretty simple, coloring in the brows, lips and eyelash tips with inks and a water brush. But I wanted to make the hair really dimensional, so I stamped the half flower six times on white card stock. I cut out the full flower on three of them, and on the other three I cut out the flower without the top layer. Used my fingers to curl each petal and then arranged them behind the face. Love this look!
Her "neck" was done using the "eyeball" border, but I bent the stamp into a curled shape before putting it on the acrylic block. I colored in the whites of the eyeballs with a white gelly roll pen to help them stand out against the background.
The sentiment was done using the "believe" and "art" stamps from THIS set. I wrote the word "in" trying to imitate Dyan's style, and then added "your own" in *my own* handwriting. I like the contrast of the two different writing styles. Couldn't resist adding this awesome spider... love him.
I went around the entire tag with a black Sharpie paint pen to give it a frame. And finally, I added two wire pins at the top of the tags and attached some dyed sari silk to them to form a hanger for the finished piece.
Hope you enjoyed this "Double Jumbo" tag. I like the larger size - almost like a journal page! The tags I used are size #12 - the same size Ranger is releasing at CHA!
Hope you're having a great week. I'm having fun watching (from afar... pout...) all my favorite designers do their thing at CHA. Lots of great new products coming out - can't wait to get my hands on some new stash and have a good play!
Take care til next time.