Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Journal Page

Hi all,

During my recovery, I spent a lot of time crafting in what I aptly named my "satellite studio" - also known as the living room!  Since I wanted to limit the amount of supplies needed, I decided to do some collage style journaling - Teesha Moore style. 

Here are Teesha's YouTube videos on making the 16-page journals she is known for.  I've shared these before, but they're awesome... so figured I'd share again.  This is part 1...


 And part 2...


I made up 3 of her 16 page journals (only worked on one), painted backgrounds, and did a lot of magazine clipping, which then turned into a couple of finished pages.  Here is the first one...


As I've mentioned before, I really struggle with the journaling part of art journaling.  But, music has always been a big part of my life, so I decided to use some song lyrics that are particularly meaningful for me.  This page has portions of the lyrics from Jackson Browne's "Alive in the World".  To me, it speaks of being truly engaged and present in the world and in your life.  It's a great reminder to truly LIVE.  Definitely works for me.  If you haven't heard this song, the best version (in my opinion) is on the Live Acoustic Vol. 2 album... look it up on iTunes... you'll love it.

Keeping it short and sweet today.... Have a good one!

~ ellen.


6 comments:

wendy vecchi said...

this looks...GREAT!

Candy C said...

Ellen...what a striking art journal page! Wow...looks like you've found your comfort zone with the journaling part! That is amazing! You are really evolving with the art journaling stuff! I'm still in the infancy stages....but you...oh my goodness! This page is just beautiful! <3 Candy

betjunroe said...

Love the color on your journal Ellen! I just started my first journal this week so all the tutorials are very helpful. I couldn't have imagined how liberating creating a journal would be--you don't have to be precise and can just play with colors and mediums--love this. Bette

Scrappychick said...

this is fabulous! I struggle with journaling too. love that you use song lyrics!

Marjie Kemper said...

Vunderbar!!! I just got a load of Teesha's stamps and am itching to play. Love what you've done here. Welcome back!

Anita Houston said...

I don't know how you are struggling because this is gorgeous!!! Your coloration is fab, and all the details and the main image are all wonderful!