Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Learn To Fly - Journal Page

Good morning!

I was tossing and turning all night and finally gave up at 5:00 am... today is the day!  In three short hours, the first class with Tim Holtz will be starting! Can you tell I'm a tad excited? (such a geek)  Today we'll be doing the metal heart and patchwork pandemonium... bring it on!

Wanted to share a journal page I did during my recovery time off from work...


Went with song lyrics again for the journaling... one of my favorite songs of all time... Blackbird by The Beatles.  Classic.  Page was done Teesha Moore style - painted background, collage border from magazine pages, and the collaged bird / wings / hat.  The wings are actually fins from a whale that I cut down.  And of course... all birds need a hat (right Dyan?) 

I'm off to pack my lunch, shower, and make myself presentable! I'll try to post pix on Twitter / Instagram (@ellenvargo on Twitter).

Have a great day!

~ ellen.

5 comments:

Helen said...

Love the blackbird page. Have a wonderful time, and remember to breathe!!! I bet you'll be so busy you don't have time to take pics, but if you do, please share!

mrich2500 said...

One of my fav songs also! Have a great time at Tim's classes ;)

Hels Sheridan said...

**wipes away a tear** Ellen, this is the bestest thing I have ever seen. The Bird is gorgeous but the words, they got me! You know how much I love the Beatles... and... a lightbulb just went off in my head... use song lyrics to journal, why didn't I think of that... it is the perfect way to do it... am off to have a play right this very minute, who cares if I haven't had a shower yet and am stil in me nighty lol HAVE A FAB TIME!!!! Excited for ya hun xxx

Kaz said...

Fabulous!! Love the writing xox

Anita Houston said...

Rocking awesome!!!!