Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I Am An Artist - Dylusions Tag

Hello!

Hope you all had a nice Holiday weekend - the weather here in Baltimore was not so nice - lots of rain and very muggy - ick.  But I did have some time to play, so I'll be sharing those projects soon.  But today I wanted to show another of the #12 Dylusions tags I made recently.  Here we go...


I recently found this poem on-line by Linda Lively-Webb called "The Artist Within".  Since it really was Dyan who helped me to embrace my 'artist within' I couldn't think of more fitting project to use this snippet than a Dylusions tag.  Here's a link to the full poem if you're interested.

I started out as usual with some Dylusions ink sprays - London Blue, Cut Grass, and Fresh Lime.  I did some ghosting with the graduated circles stencil, used more ink sprays through the alpha and number stencils, and stamped some of the basic background stamps randomly.


Then I stamped the solid leaves stamp around the top and bottom borders, some random circles with a lid and gesso, and some accents with a craft scraper and black/white gesso.  I messy-sketched around each leaf and gave each a highlight with a gelly roll pen.


I sketched the hearts with a black sharpie onto book text paper, cut them out and adhered them to the tag with multi medium.   Finally, I added the first stanza of 'The Artist Within' by stamping it out with a mini alpha stamp set.


All of the items used on this tag are available locally in the Baltimore-Washington area at The Queens Ink, in the U.K. at Art From the Heart, and on-line in the U.S. from Simon Says Stamp

Hels and I had a quick skype session on Sunday and we've cooked up another recipe for you.  We'll be back tomorrow to share it - hope you can check it out.  I think this one would fall into the 'Quick and Easy' recipe category.  Be back tomorrow....

~ ellen

4 comments:

donna walsh said...

This has to be one of my Favorites El....... Love it ....

Anita Houston said...

It's 10:36 pm...lol! I love your tag...those white circles really pop! Great sentiment as well and fab color!!!

Marjie Kemper said...

Love it!!

Bast said...

Ellen that is just absolutely beautiful...the tag as well as the poem! Thanx so much for sharing and for the inspiration...My must seems be on a very long vacation ;)

KimMJ
bast830@comcast.net