Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Ledger Journal - Painted Maps #3

Hi everyone,

Hope you had a nice weekend - was rather dreary here, but fall has arrived and I'm happy for cooler temps, snuggly fleece blankets, and hot apple cider.  Wanted to share another of my painted map pages.


Used a map of my home state of Maryland this time.  Used Golden fluid acrylic paints, Sharpie Paint pens, and went to town with circles.  Pretty random, but I think it's fun.


As I was painting I realized I could see my actual neighborhood on the map... so drew one more circle to point it out...


This one's a little closer...


I'm still loving the map pages.  Will be doing more with maps for sure.

Getting very excited for this weekend... Wendy Vecchi is coming back to Queen's Ink and I will be there!  Will be great to see Wendy again and "make art" with her!

Life is getting a little crazy at the moment.  Busy at work, and have a family member who is very ill... may be a while before I have more to share... take care til next time.

~ ellen.

7 comments:

Helen said...

Great use of your maps again, and I like your circles.
Hope you get good news about your family member soon. At least you have Wendy's class to look forward to.

Kaz said...

LOVE the maps!! The flowers are super cool too, hope life slows down for you Ellen, sending love n hugs to you and yours xx

kazx

Allison Priputin said...

really???? I grew up in Sparrows Point (well, in Edgemere!!)

great art -- love your blog, just I read through RSS in Outlook and rarely take time to go post comments...

Allison aapriputin@rocketmail.com
Dunlap TN

Anita Houston said...

The world is yours!!! You are rocking this map canvas!!! I love it! Tell Wendy I said Hello!!!!

Michelle Webb said...

Lovely colourful circles Ellen, love the maps underneath. I really love your comment on Kaz's phone, it made me laugh so much! Michelle x

Michelle Webb said...

Lovely colourful circles Ellen, love the maps underneath. I really love your comment on Kaz's phone, it made me laugh so much! Michelle x

megan said...

Ellen, you are very talented. I love to see what your creative mind cooks up. Megan