Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Daisy If You Do... Ledger Journal Page

Hello again,

Have another ledger page to share today.  I started by using an old gift card to scrape some fluid acrylic paint all over my pages.  I used cobalt teal, quinacridone magenta, and green gold.


Then I added some gesso scraped through a chevron stencil.


Stamped a new hand-carved stamp around the remaining edges of the border.


Drew some flowers (daisies I think) with a Stabilo-All pencil, blended the edges with a water brush, and painted them in with white gesso to make them "pop" on the page.


Once I decided that my flowers were daisies, I added the sentiment "you're a daisy if you do" with a mini alphabet stamp set.  The sentiment comes from the movie "Tombstone" - where Doc Holliday, played brilliantly by Val Kilmer in my opinion, is trying to intimidate one of his foes.  I don't usually go for westerns, but this movie is an exception - brilliant.  Back to our page...


Here's a closer view of my new carved stamp.  I started off as an eyeball, but wound up being more "pod" like.  I like it stamped repetitively - looks like one big border if you don't look too closely.


And a close up of some of the flowers.  I'm a big fan of black and white, so these daisies are right up my alley.  Hope you enjoyed it.  Be well til next time!  I'm off to "stamp camp" for the weekend - I have no clue what I'm going to work on, which probably means I'll end up bringing WAY too much stuff!  LOL! Good thing I have a small car!  hee.

~ ellen.

8 comments:

Helen said...

I love your daisies too!

Martha Richardson said...

Great journal page...LOVE your stamp! Have a great weekend.

Renee said...

Great page, love the colors.

Dandelion and Daisy said...

Great page! I relate to daisies. LOL

Janet said...

I love your hand carved stamp.... you are right, very nice in a repeat border pattern. I love the words on the ledger paper peaking through. Very nice page. Thanks.

Tracy said...

What a very pleasing page! I like the border done with two different patterns.

Anita Houston said...

Fantastic color!!! So happy and so artistic!!!!

Gillian .... said...

Hey Ellen,I'm loving the bright colours on this page, the images and your hand carved stamp look awesome. Hope you are well. xx